Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

MLB Fan Cave Looking for Twins Fans

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Got this letter today in case some of you are interested....

Hey John,

Wanted to bring something to your attention that might be of interest to your readers. We’re trying to spread the word that applications for the 2013 MLB Fan Cave are currently being accepted at MLBFanCave.com, and I’m wondering if you’d be able to post information about it. Fans would be entering for a chance to be a part of this year’s Fan Cave experience, which will give them the opportunity to watch every game and meet former and current players, like Joe Mauer who visited the Cave in 2012. Video of his appearance can be found here.

Below is some general info on the Fan Cave. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Steve

ABOUT THE MLB FAN CAVE
Located in Greenwich Village in New York City, the MLB Fan Cave is a unique event space mixing baseball with music, popular culture, media, technology and art. Supported by MLB Advanced Media, it also provides baseball fans with a constant flow of online video and conversation via social media. The MLB Fan Cave features products and services provided by nearly 50 companies, led by Pepsi, MLB Authentic Collection licensees New Era and Majestic, State Farm, Budweiser, Scotts and Sony, along with design partners Resource Furniture and Lillian August.

Fans can begin applying at MLBFanCave.com to be a “Cave Dweller” and vie to watch all 2,430 games inside the MLB Fan Cave next year, while meeting current and retired baseball greats, popular recording artists and entertainers. With more than 1.2 million combined followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, the MLB Fan Cave has built a large community of baseball fans that the Cave Dwellers will have a chance to interact with during the 2013 season.

More than 22,000 fans applied to be a Cave Dweller for 2012, and the MLB Fan Cave began the season with a group of nine winners who each chronicled their experience through videos, blogs and social media. Along the way, six were eliminated based on a combination of a fan vote and a panel of MLB judges, with the three final Cave Dwellers – Ashley Chavez, Ricardo Marquez and Kyle Thompson – winning a trip to the 2012 World Series, where Chavez was crowned the ultimate winner for 2012.

Our own Lindsay Guentzel participated last year and had a hell of a bunch of good stories.

#2 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Careful. It has been a long time but that sounds suspiciously like Dante's third circle of Hell.

#3 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I honestly have never understood the appeal of this. I mean you literally must have not a whole lot going on in life to be interested in the "contest". Do they pay you for being in the fan cave? Can you ever leave? Can you have conjugal visits in the fan cave? Do you really have to watch every Astros game

#4 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

There's gotta be alot of day drinking or other illicit behavior going on to make this at all endurable.

#5 ThePuck

ThePuck

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I think it'd be a blast...but I don't think there are too many employers that would be willing to lose an employee for 7, 8 months or whatever it ends up being. As a person who has responsibilities, and also happens to have a job I love, it wouldn't be worth losing my job for.

#6 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

There's gotta be alot of day drinking or other illicit behavior going on to make this at all endurable.

I second this remark
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#7 kydoty

kydoty

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I love baseball, and that's precisely why I would never in a million years do this. It would absolutely kill my love for the game to have to watch all 2,430 games in their entirety and comment on every one of them. It's called way too much of a good thing.
 [/HR]"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

#8 kryptik

kryptik

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Well one of the requirements is you have to be 21 so I bet heavy boozing must be involved.