Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

DiamondCentric

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

In case you didn't know, DiamondCentric is a project Parker Hageman has been working on for awhile and I jumped on board about a month ago. Originally just a baseball-focused apparel company, we've been trying to expand into other Minnesota sports.

I wanted to get some feedback from the TD folks. What do you think of the designs? Is there anything in particular you'd like to see from DiamondCentric? We have a few baseball, football, and basketball offerings at this point... We have some good ideas for hockey as well, but thanks to the NHL lockout, those are mostly on hold for the time being (sigh, NHL owners). In January, we'll be starting up production on a couple more Twins shirts, as well (we're hoping to attend TwinsFest).

Just curious what some of you think of the stuff we're producing.

Here's the site:
http://diamondcentric.com/

Like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.../DiamondCentric

#2 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Need a butera one.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Need a butera one.

DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".

#4 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Need a butera one.

DC used to have a Thome shirt that read "600 Naturally".

We should do a Butera one that reads ".500(OPS) Naturally".

Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.

#5 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Queen.

• Twins Moderators
  • 5,243 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.

#6 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Nice. I will probably order that Game Six shirt pretty soon. Wow.

That design pre-dates my interest in the company but it's one of my favorites.

One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.

#7 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Are these available now for purchase? Christmas is coming! I want a 'Killer' shirt ... my baseball hero growing up.

About half are available for purchase now with the other half on their way well before Christmas. We'll be shipping everything shown on the site in time for the holidays if you're looking to buy gifts.

Be sure to use the "TwinsDaily" code, everybody. It saves you five bucks on any order over $30.

#8 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Queen.

• Twins Moderators
  • 5,243 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

This is great ... thanks ... never know what to get my nephews ... girls are so much easier to shop for! (Although there are some there I'd get for my nieces, too!)

#9 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (Posted Image). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

Good work!

#10 glanzer

glanzer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?

#11 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Love the Walks Will Haunt shirt. Does it say "Told You So" on the back?

Hah, no, it's a one-sided shirt. That's a pretty good idea, though.

#12 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

We could bring back more European "fans" to the website with "Hala Twins" or "Hala T-Wolves" shirts. :)

#13 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Love the DC designs, my Thome is my Homey shirt is almost worn out (Posted Image). The Walks will Haunt is next, awesome! Everyone should grab a "Plouffe There it is" shirt for $10, just in case.

Keep more Twins stuff coming, you'd think a Scott Diamond one would be a natural.

In keeping with the "spectacular failure theme, how about some Gopher football and basketball designs? Jerry and Tubby are a treasure trove of material for slogans and the time is right to immortalize A.J. Barker with a limited run special.

Good work!

We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.

#14 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

I saw this a week ago and I have about 5-6 to order for Christmas and myself.

My favorites are the 'original lake state' and 'game 6 (the red)'. My mom is definitely getting the killer shirt. I also really like the All Day design but I've mostly lost interest in the Vikings.

Frankkkkkkkie is also a really well done shirt. I might order one for $5 but I have a beef with him.

#15 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Good work!

We're torn on Twins shirt designs. You'd think a Joe Mauer one would be an obvious choice but we're a little gun-shy because the guy gets so much (undeserved) negative press. We'll be rolling out new designs for the upcoming season, though. Expect to see new stuff in January and here's hoping the Twins sign a free agent that gets the fanbase excited about the team again.

As for Scott Diamond, if he starts out strong in 2013, I think a design is in order for the guy. Right now, I think both Parker and I are a little skeptical of his performance in the coming season.

Anything Nikola Pekovic I'd probably buy.

#16 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I would like Darko and Punto throwback shirts please. Those would really sell.

#17 Fatt Crapps

Fatt Crapps

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

I like the Lakeshow design but wish it didn't have that faded vintage look.

#18 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.

#19 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I really think there should be a hall of shame one featuring: Tony Bautista, Juan Castro, Livan Hernandez, Sidney Ponson, Brett Boone, and Nishioka.

That would be hilarious.

#20 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

#21 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hmmm...Gopher stuff? Just saying....

Also, us "hefty" men will have difficulty with only XXL offered.

BGBen. We are fairly limited in terms of the sizing but we can get 3XL if you are interested but we would run that during our pre-sale period (two weeks before we place our shirt order). If we do a Gopher one, we'll be sure to let you know when the pre-sale period is so you can decide if you want to invest in a 3XL.

#22 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

If the size keeps coming off, a 3x is possible, but it will be a bit. My issue is more the length of a shirt usually, though.

#23 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Oh, and if you'd like any ideas for Gopher stuff, just fire me an email.

#24 TwinsGuy55422

TwinsGuy55422

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

To piggyback on the AJ Barker idea, you could do something about the infamous "mom's best friend" quote. That was priceless.
[FONT=century gothic]TwinsGuy55422
"And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"
[/FONT]

#25 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

To piggyback on the AJ Barker idea, you could do something about the infamous "mom's best friend" quote. That was priceless.

That is a classic, as are, "I'm a dime a dozen" and "There's nothing special about me?"

Gold!!

When's the next run for "Walks Haunt"? Need and XL, all sold out.

#26 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

One of the comical things about entering this project was my sudden realization that, outside of the Twins, memorable sports moments in Minnesota are almost universally linked to spectacular failure. It makes designing a "timeless" shirt that people will buy for years rather difficult.

Make a shirt with the silhouette of Nate Poole hauling in a catch on his tip-toes while being pushed out of the endzone, with the letters "NO!!!!" plastered across the front. I'll buy 50.

#27 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I am still hoping for a Twins Daily shirt that we can wear to games. It would be cool to go to a game (in Anaheim for me) and see comrades wearing the same shirt. And if hundred of fans wore the shirts at Target Field, the Twins front office might start visiting TD more to see what we are thinking, or at least to read Parker's posts about what players are doing right or wrong.

I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.

#28 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,520 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

Make a shirt with the silhouette of Nate Poole hauling in a catch on his tip-toes while being pushed out of the endzone, with the letters "NO!!!!" plastered across the front. I'll buy 50.

I'm a Packers fan and that's back when I actually cared about football. I laughed for hours watching that play over and over again.

#29 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

I am still hoping for a Twins Daily shirt that we can wear to games. It would be cool to go to a game (in Anaheim for me) and see comrades wearing the same shirt. And if hundred of fans wore the shirts at Target Field, the Twins front office might start visiting TD more to see what we are thinking, or at least to read Parker's posts about what players are doing right or wrong.

I still have my BYTO ringer but it's in a closet at home. I did wear it to a couple of Twins games several years ago.

#30 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

I would also not mind paying more for the shirt if you got a trademark license from the Twins/MLB. It would be nice to have something that includes the Twins logo. I wonder what such a license might cost.

A **** ton of money. Trust me on this, I have looked into it.