Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

From MinnCentric

Photo

David Schoenfield's TWINS BLOCKBUSTER Trade Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,179 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Can you imagine the Reds lineup in that small ballpark with a leadoff hitter who gets on 36-37% of the time (Span) AND adding Josh Willingham's right-handed bat between Joey Votto and Jay Bruce?! Not to mention Brandon Phillips.

Terrifying, to say the least.

#32 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Would I trade a guy that pitches 60 innings a year for starting shortstop? Is that a really hard question for some to answer? Why not? If they do not get 3 legit starters, what good is a relief pitcher? As for the larger trade, I read that Hamilton is just not an infielder.

#33 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I don't see the Reds going for this deal unless they think they have to win the World Series next season. Adding Carroll and Willingham isn't exactly planning for the future.

#34 ThePuck

ThePuck

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Would I trade a guy that pitches 60 innings a year for starting shortstop? Is that a really hard question for some to answer? Why not? If they do not get 3 legit starters, what good is a relief pitcher? As for the larger trade, I read that Hamilton is just not an infielder.

The main reason they decided to move Hamilton to the OF was because they have Cozart and Didi Gregorius.

#35 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have read both things, so I have no idea what is true. Does not matter, they are not making this deal.