Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Tom Boleska?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Does anyone have any news on the second relief pitcher the Twins signed from the Pirates? Is he a hard thrower or what does he/can he throw? Nothing like taking the AAA & AA closers from the Pirates to try to fix a poor system. You never know Tim Wood and Tom Boleska seem to both have decent K/BB rates as closers.
[h=1][/h]

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone have any news on the second relief pitcher the Twins signed from the Pirates? Is he a hard thrower or what does he/can he throw? Nothing like taking the AAA & AA closers from the Pirates to try to fix a poor system. You never know Tim Wood and Tom Boleska seem to both have decent K/BB rates as closers.

The Twins signed Boleska right after the season. He was the closer of the FM Redhawks this past year where he put up some crazy numbers. And he's Canadian.

#3 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

The Twins signed Boleska right after the season. He was the closer of the FM Redhawks this past year where he put up some crazy numbers. And he's Canadian.

Seth, any chance you know any Pirate bloggers who are big time like you who could shed some light on Tom Boleska and Tim Wood for everyone?

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

We had a forum when the Twins signed Wood 9 nine days ago. IT's got some scouting reporting kind of stuff. http://twinsdaily.co...Min-Lg-Contract

#5 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I saw him play three times in Winnipeg last season, 3IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 7 K's, he got brutalized in his one playoff start against them though, 3 H, 3 ER in 2/3 of an inning.

His fastball was touching 94-95, gotta love them Canadians!!

Posted Image

#6 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Agh, one of my hometown players got signed by the Twins? I need to read the paper more, apparently. It's funny, I only went to one Redhawks game this year and I recall the relief pitching being awful. Don't have any idea if Boleska was actually one of the pitchers or not, though. I rarely pay serious attention, as I don't typically expect any of them to move beyond semi-pro. We did have a former catcher (Chris Coste) win a WS ring with the Phillies a few years ago, though, so I should know better.