- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Yesterday, 08:28 PM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Yesterday, 11:51 AM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Nov 24 2014 03:03 PM
- AWESOME --> "The Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy"
Nov 24 2014 03:02 PM
- Article: Recap: Nascent Defense Shines as Vikings Move Towards Establishing Identity
Nov 24 2014 10:51 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Nov 24 2014 08:54 AM
Article: Does Torii Hunter's Contract Bode Well For A Josh Willingham Trade?
Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:53 AM
Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 AM
Secondly, where in the world are the Twins going to get any right-handed power for the middle of the lineup without Willingham? Their pitching was so bad last year that it hid the fact that their offense really wasn't very good - they were 10th out of 14 AL teams in runs and OPS. There are other positions to deal from, the Twins need to hang on to their one reliable RH power bat.
Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:09 AM
I do think fans are considerably overestimating what a slowfooted OF/DH would fetch in a trade, even one who had such a solid year at the plate. Because of that, and because the Twins would immediately find themselves with yet another gaping hole (RH power hitter) in the middle of their lineup, I don't think Willingham gets traded this offseason. If he gets off to a decent start in 2013, he may bring a better return at the trading deadline when trading him to a contender may even be considered doing right by him.
[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]
Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:16 AM
Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:06 PM
This team lost 195 games the last two seasons, every player including Mauer should be on the table if the trade will make the team better long term.
Yes I understand Mauer has a no trade but that can be waived.
Willingham, Mauer, Morneau, Span would all bring nothing in trades. Trade Gardenhire for a decent trainer and the team would improve immeasurably.
Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:54 PM
Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:28 AM