- Breaking: Zimmer said the Vikings practiced yesterday
Today, 07:35 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 13
Today, 07:22 PM
- Article: Zimmer Wants Wins—Does Anyone Else?
Today, 03:50 PM
- Greg Jennings Receives Courage Award
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 11:15 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: The Vikings New Number One Wide Receiver?!?
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
Article: Does Torii Hunter's Contract Bode Well For A Josh Willingham Trade?
Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:53 AM
Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:26 AM
Secondly, where in the world are the Twins going to get any right-handed power for the middle of the lineup without Willingham? Their pitching was so bad last year that it hid the fact that their offense really wasn't very good - they were 10th out of 14 AL teams in runs and OPS. There are other positions to deal from, the Twins need to hang on to their one reliable RH power bat.
Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:09 AM
I do think fans are considerably overestimating what a slowfooted OF/DH would fetch in a trade, even one who had such a solid year at the plate. Because of that, and because the Twins would immediately find themselves with yet another gaping hole (RH power hitter) in the middle of their lineup, I don't think Willingham gets traded this offseason. If he gets off to a decent start in 2013, he may bring a better return at the trading deadline when trading him to a contender may even be considered doing right by him.
[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]
Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:16 AM
Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:06 PM
This team lost 195 games the last two seasons, every player including Mauer should be on the table if the trade will make the team better long term.
Yes I understand Mauer has a no trade but that can be waived.
Willingham, Mauer, Morneau, Span would all bring nothing in trades. Trade Gardenhire for a decent trainer and the team would improve immeasurably.
Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:54 PM
Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:28 AM