Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

I think I miss baseball

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SgtSchmidt11

SgtSchmidt11

• 513 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

So I just picked up OOTP 21 on the Steam Summer Sale, and I played my first game.

It was a 21 inning game.I played it pitch by pitch.

I used 11 pitchers, with Berrios starting, followed by Romo, Duffey, May, Rogers, Littell, Wisler, Stashak, Clippard, Dobnak, and finally Maeda.

The only position player that didn't play was Alex Avila.I think Garver will rest the next game...

Max Kepler, Nelson Cruz, and Josh Donaldson (2) has HR's.

Luis Arraez went 0-8, and was the only Twin to not get a hit (asides from Cave, who only had on AB).

There was a total of 150 AB's, 30 Hits, 17 BB's, 47 K's, and 66 LOB.66!

Crazy Moments of the game include:

The Twins scoring 3 runs in the top of the ninth off Liam Hendriks to tie the game.All three were scored when Mitch Garver was at the plate, one by wild pitch, and the other two by...an infield popup single?

Josh Donaldson was thrown out at home in the top of the 12th.

The A's intentionally walked Miguel Sano who struck out 6 times in 9 PA's.Ouch.That worked though.

Matt Wisler loaded the bases in the 14th with one out.Cody Stashak then stuck out the next two batters.Both on full counts.(Yes that got me fired up)

Moral of the Story:I miss baseball.

Oh and Miguel Sano hit the game winning double to score Mitch Garver in the top of the 21st.TWINS WIN 8-7!

WPA Graph below.

WPA.png

• ashbury likes this

#2 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 6,136 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

I miss baseball too
  • Channing1964 likes this

#3 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 536 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:44 PM

i miss it more than ever. That OOTP game sounds awesome to me as well. I have been getting my Baseball fix by playing MLB 9innings20 on my phone. We are on game #71 in Kansas City. Bailey is starting against his old team and we are on a 10 game winning streak.
Screenshot_2020-07-05-16-35-59-072.jpg
  • ashbury likes this

#4 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,715 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, well, top this for having no life... 

We were able to complete our fantasy draft this spring, right around the time things were shutting down. Since we didn't have actual fantasy, my son entered our rosters into OOTP, and we simulated a full 162-game season using our fantasy rosters, followed by a full playoff schedule.

And thanks to today's 6-5 win in World Series Game 7, I am the champion of the Northern Indiana Rotisserie League COVID-19 Fantasy Fantasy League!

Danny Jansen's single plated Nick Senzel in the bottom of the sixth to give me a 6-2 lead, and I was able to hang on for the 6-5 win. "We've got grit," said Pile center fielder Ian Happ, who was named MVP of the series. "We know how to win when we have to."

• ashbury and SgtSchmidt11 like this

#5 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 536 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:54 PM

That is COOL. See we have all done whatever it takes and now (maybe) the real games are back!

#6 PDX Twin

PDX Twin

Portland Beavers

• 1,478 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:13 AM

The real games may be less exciting than the simulated ones...

• SgtSchmidt11 and Channing1964 like this

Triples are more fun than home runs; stolen bases are more fun than strikeouts; singles are more fun than walks.

#7 SgtSchmidt11

SgtSchmidt11

• 513 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:45 AM

Almost all of them sure, but some live in legend.Game 6. Game 7. Game 163.I don't even have to specify the year and every Twins fan knows what I'm talking about.

Last years NYY v. MIN game was pretty damn good (F'n Aaron Hicks...).

• Channing1964 likes this

#8 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 536 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

Please don't let anything go wrong this time. Let's just play the 60 and let the chips fall where they may.

#9 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 536 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:04 AM

and now we're going for 19 in a row against the Yankees at home! Berrios vs Paxton

#10 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 3,051 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:18 AM

It's analogous to the old saying that a bad day fishing is better than a good day working. (I don't fish but I still understand the sentiment.) The dullest real game is better than the most exciting simulated one. IMHO, of course.

• SQUIRREL, Sconnie and IndianaTwin like this

#11 big dog

big dog

• 3,119 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:11 AM

I miss baseball. Yesterday I grabbed my Twins Schedule cup from the top shelf of the cabinet for my ice water. 2002 game schedule, pics of Brade Radke and Joe Mays- that's good water.

• IndianaTwin likes this

#12 woolywoolhouse

woolywoolhouse

• 356 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

Just got the word that Gameday staff (at least the team I'm on) will not be working any games this season at Target Field (unless something amazing happens, COVID goes away, and fans are allowed back into the stadium.) I knew that was going to be the decision, but I was holding out hope that they'd use some of us in the stands during games, so getting that communication today sucks. Still looking forward to seeing games again on TV, but still... nothing beats gameday at Target Field.

SblamiVvl-SFSfi_8yN5GGvjJk0=.gif

#13 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 6,136 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

Just got the word that Gameday staff (at least the team I'm on) will not be working any games this season at Target Field (unless something amazing happens, COVID goes away, and fans are allowed back into the stadium.) I knew that was going to be the decision, but I was holding out hope that they'd use some of us in the stands during games, so getting that communication today sucks. Still looking forward to seeing games again on TV, but still... nothing beats gameday at Target Field.

I am sorry to hear that, and agreed, the worst day at the ballpark is still better than my best day at the office