- Article: Zimmer Wants Wins—Does Anyone Else?
Today, 03:50 PM
- Greg Jennings Receives Courage Award
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 11:15 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: The Vikings New Number One Wide Receiver?!?
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Nov 26 2014 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
Rochester Red Wings name Coaching Staff
Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:43 PM
The Minnesota Twins have named their coaching staff for the Rochester Red Wings for the 2013 season. Gene Glynn returns for his second season as manager, and he will be joined by pitching coach Marty Mason and hitting coach Tim Doherty.
Mason spent the 2012 season as the pitching coach of the Cubs’ Single-A Daytona affiliate of the Florida State League. In 2011, the Kentucky native was the pitching coach for the Cubs’ Double-A Tennessee club of the Southern League.
Doherty primarily assisted Red Sox hitting coach Dave Magadan in 2012. He spent the previous nine seasons with the Kansas City T-Bones of the independent American Association, serving as their hitting coach from 2003-09 and manager from 2010-11.
Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:44 PM
Mason was the bullpen coach for the St. Louis Cardinals from 2000-2010. He's been a pitching coach in the minor leagues the last two seasons.
Doherty was an assistant for Red Sox hitting coach Dave Magadan in 2012. Before that, he spent a dozen years as a coach and manager for the Kansas City T-Bones (independent).
Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:05 PM
Wow. Talk about going outsider the organization.
So the pitching coach was LaRussa's bullpen coach for 10 years and the hitting coach is a college/independent league guy?
Yup, and Mason's been pitching coach at a couple of other organizations the last two years.
Yeah, not much to know about Doherty other than his independent league time in Kansas City after college. His role as an assistant to Dave Magadan is very vague too.