Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Miguel Sano Denies Kidnapping Allegation, States He's Being Blackmailed

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrator
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Héctor Gómez passed along that the press conference has been cancelled by Sano.

Find me on Twitter @TFTwins and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#22 Number3

Number3

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 503 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

So lets get this straight. Someone allegedly assaults Sano's brother and then wants to blackmail Sano after he has committed the assault? So apart from everything else, the story makes no logical sense.

At least this season it makes no difference whether Sano can play or not. Most games will be played like exhibitions anyway if there are any games.

• tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#23 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 12,394 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:15 AM

Please do not let this Sano story go off on a broader tangent —thanks everyone.
  • nicksaviking, Sconnie and tarheeltwinsfan like this
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#24 Trov

Trov

Ft Myers Miracle

• 414 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:17 AM

It sounds like Sano is still in DR.I wonder if this will affect his visa coming back to US for season, assuming there is one.I also wonder if Twins will hold off on him playing until more questions are answered by authorities.  

#25 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,744 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:22 AM

***Moderator Note***

This thread needs to stay on topic, and that topic is Miguel Sano and this still fairly vague ordeal. I understand there tends to be an urge to pick sides when the situation is sensitive, but we don't even have a clear view of what the situation is.

#26 drivlikejehu

drivlikejehu

• 2,209 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

I was just glad to see that the alleged victim was a male. 

If you ain't got no haters, you ain't poppin'.

#27 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,890 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

If Sano’s brother did get sexually assaulted by this man, I honestly don’t care what Miguel did to him. 

This comment makes me feel very uneasy.

• Sconnie likes this

#28 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrator
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:51 PM

The alleged victim is a child. This allegation is unspeakable regardless of gender.

I don't believe this is true, but this is all a bit difficult to follow. The man who was kidnapped, assaulted and threatened was named in the report (Raudy Omar Sanchez de la Cruz), which would be very unusual for a minor. The child mentioned is Sano's relative, the alleged victim of Sanchez de la Cruz, who is not named.

I just did a sweep for any new information regarding this story and came up empty handed. There are some newer stories published, such as this Associated Press report available on KARE 11's site, but they're all rehashing the details of the original report.

There's a hearing set for June 25, not sure there will be anything else reported between now and then. 

#29 Doubles

Doubles

Ft Myers Miracle

• 482 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

Sorry Tom- I misinterpreted the post I quoted. I was referring to the part of the rumored child sexual abuse. We can all agree THAT is unspeakable.

#30 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrator
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

Sorry Tom- I misinterpreted the post I quoted. I was referring to the part of the rumored child sexual abuse. We can all agree THAT is unspeakable.

Got it, and agreed. This whole story is very difficult to follow, so I just wanted to include that clarification just in case the way any of the previous information presented was misleading.

• BeatTheRich likes this

#31 Tovar12

Tovar12

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 59 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:35 AM

As noted earlier, strange things seem to happen to Sano when he is home.A fear I have is that his diet is not being monitored and he will return back in the states ballooned and out of shape AGAIN.Then the Twins will have to start at ground zero AGAIN to get him back to where he needs to be.

#32 Diesel

Diesel

Ft Myers Miracle

• 432 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

This comment makes me feel very uneasy.

Keep in mind I said if the sexual assault allegations are true. I guess I’m just sick of child molesters and pedophiles getting away with crimes. In my state, a former state legislator who used his power to sexually assault high schoolers (and has been accused by three different people with credible accusations) just got elected as mayor in his hometown. Those kids will have to deal with the pain this event has caused them for the rest of their lives. I don’t personally feel bad for anyone who would hurt children in this way.

#33 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,890 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

Keep in mind I said if the sexual assault allegations are true. I guess I’m just sick of child molesters and pedophiles getting away with crimes. In my state, a former state legislator who used his power to sexually assault high schoolers (and has been accused by three different people with credible accusations) just got elected as mayor in his hometown. Those kids will have to deal with the pain this event has caused them for the rest of their lives. I don’t personally feel bad for anyone who would hurt children in this way.

I don't condone vigilante justice.

• ashbury likes this

#34 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,130 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:29 PM

Moderator note: Let's keep comments to topic, please. 

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#35 pcq

pcq

Elizabethton Twins

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:42 AM

Quite the slugger. The Twins made a smart move with three years and out.

#36 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,302 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

Héctor Gómez passed along that the press conference has been cancelled by Sano.

I would venture to guess that he was strongly encouraged to cancel any sort of press conference by the Twins. 

#37 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,213 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:41 AM

Speaking of visas, what ever happened with Romero?

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#38 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,130 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:09 PM

Speaking of visas, what ever happened with Romero?

I follow him on IG ... he posts a lot of food pictures ... really good food pictures. :) 

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#39 bunsen82

bunsen82

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 119 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:09 AM

As a follow up.All the accusations have been dismissed. 

• Sconnie likes this

#40 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,740 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:15 PM

As a follow up. All the accusations have been dismissed.

Good to hear.

Thanks for the update.