Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Would you attend a game right now?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Ft Myers Miracle

• 470 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:59 AM

If a season started today, the Rangers and Astros would potentially be able to fill their stadiums to 50% capacity.If Minnesota had that same policy (impossible as it may be), would you attend the game?

• Doctor Gast likes this

#2 woolywoolhouse

woolywoolhouse

• 355 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

I was holding out hope that MLB would follow what AEW and WWE are now doing; having backstage employees in the arena so there were some bodies in the seats and noise. With gameday staff likely not-needed (and in one of the plans even getting as specific as saying the mascots would not be allowed on the field) I thought it would be helpful to seat some ushers and other employees around the stadium, scattered. Twins and many teams had paid the April salaries (at least) of these employees, so it would be another way of helping those employees as well.

• Doctor Gast and thuuuuney like this

SblamiVvl-SFSfi_8yN5GGvjJk0=.gif

#3 Tomj14

Tomj14

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,157 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

If a season started today, the Rangers and Astros would be able to fill their stadiums to 50% capacity.If Minnesota had that same policy (impossible as it may be), would you attend the game?

Nope, but not because of Covid, because right now I am worried abut MPLS leaders getting on the same page as the police. But this talk of defunding them has me more concerned.

• TopGunn#22, spanman2, SF Twins Fan and 2 others like this

#4 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,864 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:25 AM

No way in hell.

• JoshDungan1, Shaitan and ewen21 like this

I always wanted to know what it would be like to simultaneously experience the 1918 flu,  Great Depression, and 1968 mass protests while Andrew Johnson was president.

#5 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Ft Myers Miracle

• 470 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:25 AM

I think I would go to a game right now.Having an open seat on either side of me sounds like a dream.

• SF Twins Fan and Doctor Gast like this

#6 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,740 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:30 AM

I would consider it.

Not local to Target Field, i am not sure if i'm a relevant data point.
  • SomeGuy likes this

#7 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrator
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

Not right away, but maybe after a month or two. I'd want to see how things went first.

• tarheeltwinsfan and SomeGuy like this

Find me on Twitter @TFTwins and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#8 AceWrigley

AceWrigley

Ft Myers Miracle

• 299 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:20 AM

Yes.

• SomeGuy likes this

#9 jjswol

jjswol

• 96 posts
  • LocationMinnesota or Florida

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

I love baseball but probably not right now. It is a definite NO if the season is as short as 50 games.

• notoriousgod71, Einstein1 and bighat like this
[FONT=arial black]jjswol
[/FONT]

#10 TouchEmAllGuy

TouchEmAllGuy

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 76 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:48 AM

I'd be there. As long as it was done responsibly.

#11 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 6,106 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:25 AM

Living in Wisconsin AKA the “Wild Wild East”. I am 99.999% that isn’t possible, but I cling to that .001% chance that it is possible.

I would need a couple months evidence that it’s working, before I went, and no way in hell would I bring my kids. Looks like 2021 at best before I can realistically think of catching a game at the park.
  • Nine of twelve likes this

#12 theBOMisthebomb

theBOMisthebomb

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 924 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:41 AM

As others have stated, I would be a wait and see type of approach. Although, when/if tickets went on sale would be when the rubber hit the road and if I could back the talk. I might purchase immediately and be there for that new opening day, I think there is a good chance I would just buy and attend.

#13 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Ft Myers Miracle

• 448 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:15 AM

Yes, 

#14 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,744 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

I've gone to every home opener with my dad, yet he is in the high risk category. You'd have to count me out.

• tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#15 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• 5,193 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:37 AM

Nope

TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#16 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• 3,259 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 05 June 2020 - 11:53 AM

Probably not, frankly I think we should avoid large gatherings when possible. I'd watch on TV though.

That said, with all the distance measuring in place, we're still all touching the same melons and oranges at the grocery store, people are out handing menus back and forth to waitstaff, and heck old ladies are probably exchanging fabric patterns at JoAnn Fabrics. Regular life just can't be halted and I think we've seen that.

Whether or not we want to admit it, we are still going to be spreading germs. That's why I think it's best to keep those 35,000 seat stadiums empty so we don't push our luck too far.

• SQUIRREL, woolywoolhouse and Sconnie like this

#17 Number3

Number3

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 503 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

If it was an 80deg beautiful day and the ticket prices reflected the current situation and concessions were reasonably available, I would go to a game for the same reason that people go to Grapefruit League games. I would not go expecting anything of significance to happen. The season is now an exhibition season and the W-L record means nothing.

• bighat likes this

#18 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,907 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

No.But I also won't attend any when they are back as it has gotten way to expensive. But do I miss it on tv and hope they find a way to compromise and get back on FSN. 

#19 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Owner
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:25 PM

If the state signed off on it, I probably would, unless I became convinced it was a major factor in spreading covid. 

• lecroy24fan likes this

#20 BD57

BD57

• 202 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:18 PM

Covid would be no concern.At all.

Minneapolis would.People up there, beginning with local government, have lost their minds.

• 071063, TopGunn#22, SgtSchmidt11 and 2 others like this