Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Recent Proposal

proposals
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Ft Myers Miracle

• 448 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:20 AM

https://theathletic....=freedailyemail

The players have rejected the owners last proposal, the players have proposed a longer season& asking for harder proof of owner`shardship declaration. I agree w/ both, hope they both step up & we have a season soon. What do you think?

• nclahammer likes this

#2 thuuuuney

thuuuuney

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 136 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

Key players like Max Scherzer speaking out certainly helps. I am more worried and curious about the state of minor league baseball moving forward with all those cuts Jeff Passan tweeted out earlier.

Hopefully things continue to move forward.

• Doctor Gast likes this

#3 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,650 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:31 PM

Opening their books is going to be a non-starter for almost every team.
  • Doctor Gast likes this

#4 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Ft Myers Miracle

• 448 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

I`m not really on either side of players or owners. I believe both need to step up & get it done. Something else also occurred to me that there are players who have the talent to be great but what makes them achieve that greatness is heart. That drive that motivates them to want to play to qualify themselves for something beyond themselves like family, region, country or God. I believe during this time we can see who is destined for greatness

• MN_ExPat and rdehring like this

#5 Trov

Trov

Ft Myers Miracle

• 414 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:29 AM

The number of games is not an issue.The pay per game will be.The main argument by owners is they will lose a large amount of money if they have games at full prorated play and no fans.The players say full pay for play.From everything I have read, I do not expect any season this year.The sides are too far apart and the owners two plans they have mentioned the response has been hell no by players. The longer they wait to come up with a plan the less likely anything will happen.The fact that other sports have no real issues figuring out how they would be acting moving forward.They are all revenue sharing salary caps so they both have vested interest in having games.

For MLB having full open market leads to both sides trying to get over on the other.We as fans talk all the times about over value or under value contracts.GM's try to get the under value contract and owners rejoice but overvalue contracts lead to GM's losing jobs.  

There will be no season.There had been angst over the last couple years leading to labor stop coming up, this just sped up the clock.I do not understand why each side is trying to get the public support, because really the public does not care who gets more money, we want baseball.  

In all sports all we want to is it to be affordable and that we can see it.We do not care if the owners get all the money, or the players.We just want to be entertained.We are talking about large amounts of many for all invovled.This is not a strike of workers trying to make a living wage for their family and public can boycott where the labor can get different jobs.Players have one way to get paid, work for the MLB or go over seas to lessor paying leagues.If you want to play in America and get paid well, you have to work with MLB.If owners want to make money they have to work the players.Both are stubborn, and only the fans are hurt.  

• DocBauer, rdehring and Doctor Gast like this

#6 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,650 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=qwB7fRI-jp8
  • USAFChief and Doctor Gast like this

#7 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,740 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=qwB7fRI-jp8

So proposal 3:

All games to be played in Iowa?

#8 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,650 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

“The one constant has been baseball.”

The National League formed in 1876. So, this could be the first year without American professional baseball in almost 150 years.

To put 1876 into perspective, Victoria was about half way into her reign as Queen of England. The Civil War had only ended 11 years prior. Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone in 1876. Laura Ingalls (who would write the Little House books) was 9.
  • Craig Arko and Doctor Gast like this

#9 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Ft Myers Miracle

• 448 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

This is a clip about "Field of Dreams" (thank you, yarnivek1972)- Here James Earl Jones inspires us "If you build it, they`ll come", he also said "Baseball reminds us what is good & can be again". Last year marked the 30th anniversary of this movie & baseball flourished.Baseball creates memories & strengthens families, friendships,communities & given many a better way of life .

2020 we had the opportunity for baseball to work it`s magic to come back, to heal & unite us but we refused . We allowed fear, hatred, division, narratives, greed & power rule us propagated by the few who don`t love the sport. We have to remember that baseball is bigger than ourselves individually, it`s not about me. It has saddened me how far this world has sank & has taken baseball along w/ it

#10 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 545 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

Baseball is done for this year and probably next. The owners along with players have sunk the ship.