Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Scott Baker Signs with Chicago Cubs

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

This post is excessively douchey, even for you.

Absolutely intentional. It takes a lot of smug to pass Nick.

That said, goes back to my point - all the predictions were ridiculous wishlists - not realistic.

Just to recap: I suggest the offseason "rebuild to contend" posts were ridiculous and insane because they were unrealistic and wishful, get called out for being too harsh and that most people didn't think that, post just a small sample of a much richer pile of evidence to prove that plenty of people did, then get told all of those things were unrealistic and wishful. Right where I started.

I'd say wishful, but not unrealistic. It's certainly within the realm of possibility for the Twins to spend money on FA and even make some cost-effective signings. Wishful, sure.

#152 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'd say wishful, but not unrealistic. It's certainly within the realm of possibility for the Twins to spend money on FA and even make some cost-effective signings. Wishful, sure.

By all means cite some examples of when one team has gone out and signed 2-3 of the top 7-10 FA starters in one offseason. Then we'll talk realistic. I don't doubt that the Twins "could" do this - I never said "impossible". I said insane and ridiculous because it was unrealistic. Again, you seem to have missed the point by imprinting your own interpretation. Which then got handed off to Nick to do the same errant interpretation.

#153 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

By all means cite some examples of when one team has gone out and signed 2-3 of the top 7-10 FA starters in one offseason. Then we'll talk realistic. I don't doubt that the Twins "could" do this - I never said "impossible". I said insane and ridiculous because it was unrealistic. Again, you seem to have missed the point by imprinting your own interpretation. Which then got handed off to Nick to do the same errant interpretation.

Look, you're placing ridiculous conditions on these supposed unrealistic blueprints. You're just strawmanning. The Twins realistically could acquire three competent starters in any number of ways. They can trade, resign, and yes use FA; and they might find great value in 10-15 of SPers that other teams don't see.

No one, I mean no one, suggested that the Twins were going to sign three of the top seven free agent starters. No one said that. So just quit it.

#154 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

You're just strawmanning. The Twins realistically could acquire three competent starters in any number of ways. They can trade, resign, and yes use FA; and they might find great value in 10-15 of SPers that other teams don't see.

You're equivocating. "Possible" does not equal "realistic". People are not suggesting just competent - you can go back and review my post as well if you'd like or check out the blueprints thread yourself. It was ridiculous to think it realistic to do what no team has done before. If you have precedent, by all means post it. If you don't - you are only suggesting what is literally not impossible. You aren't suggesting anything realistic.

#155 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Oh, I don't know. Average-ish in it's douch-ness, I'd say.

What would you say its DORP is?

I am cracking up over here.

#156 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Holy posts Batman!

#157 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,339 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I am cracking up over here.

Chief's reply killed me.

#158 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

[quote name='PseudoSABR'][quote name='USAFChief'][quote name='snepp'][quote name='USAFChief']Oh, I don't know. Average-ish in it's douch-ness, I'd say.[/QUOTE]

What would you say its DORP is?[/QUOTE]

fDORP or bDORP?[/QUOTE]Well done, guys.[/QUOTE]

I lulz'd.