From an article by Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post in which they talk about Davey Johnson being done after 2013:
"Rizzo has said he wants Johnson’s successor to come from within the organization. Bench coach Randy Knorr appears to be the leading candidate, with first base coach Trent Jewett, Class AAA Syracuse Manager Tony Beasley and Class AA Harrisburg Manager Matt LeCroy also possibilities."
I looked up LeCroy's record and he is 253-302 in four years between Low A and AA. He has yet to have a winning record. That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a good candidate, but his record isn't very stellar. From my recollections of his time with the Twins he seemed to be a very level-headed, easy going guy. Interesting that all four managers in the NLCS and ALCS last year were former catchers.
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Today, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 06:42 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Yesterday, 05:58 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 17
Yesterday, 10:43 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Yesterday, 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 09:03 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Dec 25 2014 07:42 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email