From an article by Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post in which they talk about Davey Johnson being done after 2013:
"Rizzo has said he wants Johnson’s successor to come from within the organization. Bench coach Randy Knorr appears to be the leading candidate, with first base coach Trent Jewett, Class AAA Syracuse Manager Tony Beasley and Class AA Harrisburg Manager Matt LeCroy also possibilities."
I looked up LeCroy's record and he is 253-302 in four years between Low A and AA. He has yet to have a winning record. That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a good candidate, but his record isn't very stellar. From my recollections of his time with the Twins he seemed to be a very level-headed, easy going guy. Interesting that all four managers in the NLCS and ALCS last year were former catchers.
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 05:04 PM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 03:05 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 10:56 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 06:06 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email