From an article by Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post in which they talk about Davey Johnson being done after 2013:
"Rizzo has said he wants Johnson’s successor to come from within the organization. Bench coach Randy Knorr appears to be the leading candidate, with first base coach Trent Jewett, Class AAA Syracuse Manager Tony Beasley and Class AA Harrisburg Manager Matt LeCroy also possibilities."
I looked up LeCroy's record and he is 253-302 in four years between Low A and AA. He has yet to have a winning record. That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a good candidate, but his record isn't very stellar. From my recollections of his time with the Twins he seemed to be a very level-headed, easy going guy. Interesting that all four managers in the NLCS and ALCS last year were former catchers.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Radisson Hotels Suspends Relationship with the Vikings
Today, 10:54 PM--
- Article: Statement From Adrian Peterson
Today, 10:26 PM--
- An Open Letter to Zygi and Rick
Today, 10:21 PM--
- Big Ten football has been awful
Today, 10:09 PM--
- Fantasy football injury outbreak
Today, 08:31 PM--
- Article: Vikings Announce Peterson Will Play vs. Saints
Today, 08:29 PM--