Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Joe C. moves to Gopher's beat, Phil Miller to Twins beat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

[COLOR=#333333]Star Tribune Sports ‏@StribSports[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]RT @gcrev: Beat change at @StribSports: Baseball writer@JoeCStrib will cover #Gophers football in 2013. @MillerStrib moves to #Twins.[/COLOR]

#2 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I like them both very much. I'm glad this worked out so well. I presume (I have not talked to Joe) that he wanted this move so he could spend more time with his young kids. And Phil is a baseball guy through and through. If you ever meet him, ask him about where he's seen World Series games.

#3 snepp

snepp

Curve Hanger

• Twins Mods
  • 4,264 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I stopped taking in the Strib content when they neutered the commenting system. Is it still the same technological embarrassment, or can you actually make use of line breaks again?

Always liked Phil's baseball work though, I may have to start perusing their Twins section again.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,499 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Both are tremendous people. Phil is definitely a baseball guy. He's done a great job at the PP, writing for the Jazz for a long time during their great years, Gophers now for the STrib, Twins minor league stuff for Baseball America. He's tremendous. And Joe will do well in whatever he does. Very talented.