Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Reusse: Can Catchers be kept Safe during the outbreak?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Ft Myers Miracle

• 474 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

Touching the baseball is only a small part of the problem. I think what's more problematic is being in close proximity to every player from the other team and the home plate umpire. 

Which they won't be able to get away from unless they just say see ya next year.

#22 Number3

Number3

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 537 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:41 AM

Catchers already wear a mask so they should be fine. I suggest that everyone simply stop breathing. We have become a bunch of wimps scared of their own shadow. Lunatics truly are running the asylum. Fill the parks and play ball.

• AZTwin and Tomj14 like this

#23 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,077 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

There will be less close contact in an entire 82-game baseball season then there was by similar aged men and women in Minneapolis these past several days.We will know within 10-days or so whether they have anything to worry about.If there isn't a huge spike in cases in the Twin Cities next week...let's play ball. 

#24 Yossarian

Yossarian

• Banned
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:39 AM

As long as they're not playing in a nursing home, their chances of catching Covid-19 are pretty small....

#25 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,835 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

As long as they're not playing in a nursing home, their chances of catching Covid-19 are pretty small....

Are you suggesting Covid somehow just magically manifests in nursing homes? How do you think it gets there in the first place?

I think there's a baseball/Covid slogan in here somewhere. "Catchers aren't the only one's who need to wear masks"?

I bet someone can do better.
  • Sconnie likes this

#26 Tomj14

Tomj14

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,165 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:00 PM

Are you suggesting Covid somehow just magically manifests in nursing homes? How do you think it gets there in the first place?

I think there's a baseball/Covid slogan in here somewhere. "Catchers aren't the only one's who need to wearing masks"?

I hope the poster means a chance of dying, because anybody can get it, it is just the odds are way worse for people in nursing homes or long term care.

#27 Yossarian

Yossarian

• Banned
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

I think there's a baseball/Covid slogan in here somewhere. "Catchers aren't the only one's who need to wear masks"?

I'm not suggesting anything other than if one is worried about contracting Covid-19 in Minnesota, then it's far more likely you'll get it by visiting a Minnesota nursing home than at Target Field.Reusse, for one, almost always can do better.