After taking down the lead dogs in the majors in the LA Dodgers, the Twins head across town to take on the Halos for a three-game weekend set where we will see the MLB's best player in Mike Trout and most exciting player in Shohei Ohtani (Ohtani will play SP game one and DH in game three).
Where to watch
Virtual Twins Baseball Network
AL Central Standings
1. Minnesota 18-13
2. Cleveland 19-15
3. Kansas City 17-15
4. Chicago 13-19
5. Detroit 9-23
- Twins: Jake Odorizzi 1-3, 4.31 ERA, 31.1 IP, 33 K's
- Angels: Shohei Ohtani 1-1, 7.52 ERA, 26.1 IP, 36 K's
Twins Batting Order
- RF Max Kepler .241 BA, 8 HR, 11 RBI
- SS Jorge Polanco .275 BA, 4 HR, 19 RBI
- C Mitch Garver .290 BA, 8 HR, 15 RBI
- DH Nelson Cruz .236 BA, 4 HR, 15 RBI
- 1B Miguel Sano .261 BA, 7 HR, 12 RBI
- LF Eddie Rosario .238 BA, 3 HR, 12 RBI
- 3B Josh Donaldson .279 BA, 2 HR, 11 RBI
- 2B Luis Arraez .309 BA, 1 HR, 6 RBI
- CF Byron Buxton .237 BA, 5 HR, 11 RBI
Minnesota: 1 of 6 teams in MLB with 8 men or more at 11 RBI's a piece.
Angels Batting Order
- DH Tommy La Stella .358 BA, 6 HR, 17 RBI
- CF Mike Trout .267 BA, 5 HR, 17 RBI
- 3B Anthony Rendon .316 BA, 9 HR, 26 RBI
- 2B David Fletcher .239 BA, 3 HR, 14 RBI
- 1B Albert Pujols* .361 BA, 4 HR, 21 RBI
- LF Justin Upton .233 BA, 2 HR, 7 RBI
- RF Brian Goodwin .219 BA, 5 HR, 15 RBI
- SS Andrelton Simmons .354 BA, 6 HR, 22 RBI
- C Jason Castro .230 BA, 6 HR, 11 RBI
*= Albert Pujols: 3rd in AL, Batting Average (.361).
- 2019 through 31 games: 55
- 2020: 45
1. A late resurgence from Albert Pujols has gotten him off to his best start as an Angel since 2012, (.285/30/105), but also added in the mix is an uncharacteristic start from Mike Trout, batting .267 thus far which will bode for some interesting talking points this weekend.
2. For the first time since April Fool's Day, the Twins maintain sole possesion of the AL Central lead. The Twins will lean on Jake Odorizzi, who's been very hit or miss early this year, to try and go on their second 5 game winning streak of the year (Last Time: 3/28/20-4/1/20).
3. The Bomba Squad's spark was lit on the final game of the homestand last Sunday and since then the Twins have homered 7 times in their last 3 games. Meanwhile the stand atop the stacked AL West, leading the "Asterisks," by one game and will look to extend that lead tonight.