After back to back pitcher's duels, we head into game three with the series on the line and another prospective pitcher's duel on our hands as former Twin Martin Perez squares off against Kenta Maeda. Congrats to the winner's of the SotaStick giveaway yesterday with TWINGO and for those who missed out TWINGO will be coming back when the Twins are back at Target Field on May 4th.
Where to watch
AL Central Standings
1. Cleveland 17-13
2. Minnesota 15-13
3. Kansas City 14-13
4. Chicago 11-18
5. Detroit 7-21
- Boston: Martin Perez 3-1, 2.12 ERA, 34.0IP, 25 K's
- Minnesota: Kenta Maeda** 1-1, 2.31 ERA, 23.1IP, 41 K's
**= Kenta Maeda: 8th in AL, Strikeouts (41).
Boston Batting Order
- RF Alex Verdugo .286 BA, 0HR, 5 RBI
- SS Xander Bogaerts* .352 BA, 6 HR, 18 RBI
- 3B Rafael Devers .253 BA, 5 HR, 18 RBI
- DH J.D. Martinez** .328 BA, 8 HR, 21 RBI
- LF Andrew Benintendi .183 BA, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- CF Jackie Bradley Jr. .145 BA, 1 HR, 4 RBI
- 2B Jose Peraza .257 BA, 1 HR, 6 RBI
- 1B Mitch Moreland .149 BA, 2 HR, 10 RBI
- C Christian Vazquez .155 BA, 2 HR, 11 RBI
*= Xander Bogaerts: 1st in AL OBP, (.469). 3rd in AL, OPS (1.095)
**=J.D. Martinez: T-2nd in AL, Runs Scored, (23).
Twins Batting Order
- C Mitch Garver .273 BA, 6 HR, 13 RBI
- SS Jorge Polanco .276 BA, 3HR, 16 RBI
- 3B Josh Donaldson .267 BA, 2 HR, 9 RBI
- DH Nelson Cruz .248 BA, 4 HR, 15 RBI
- RF Max Kepler* .219 BA, 5 HR, 8 RBI
- 1B Miguel Sano .250 BA, 6 HR, 11 RBI
- LF Marwin Gonzalez .281 BA, 1 HR, 2 RBI
- 2B Ehire Adrianza .250 BA, 1 HR, 5 RBI
- CF Byron Buxton .244 BA, 5 HR, 9 RBI
*=Max Kepler: T-3rd in AL, Doubles (9).
- 2019 through 28 games: 50
- 2020: 38
1. Back to back 2-1 ballgames pit the series down to the final game. Although your broadcaster doesn't think this will end 2-1 as well, both starters enter the game with sub 2.32 ERA's and the Twins have shown this year they have been boom or bust against a Lefty on the mound.
2. After Xander Bogaerts lost his 22-Game Hitting Streak, it was prevalent that Boston thus far has leaned on his bat for success. Of the 98 combined RBI's in Boston's starting lineup today, 58.1% of the runs have come from three bats: Devers, Xander, and Martinez. For Boston to come out on top today, they'll need a more balanced distribution of runs out of the lineup card.
3. After today's game the Red Sox begin an ever-important battle with the 17-11 Blue Jays as Boston early in April are trying to claw back into the AL East picture. Meanwhile the Twins have a day off on Monday, and then on Tuesday will begin a two game series with the best team in baseball, the 23-5 Dodgers.