The Twins move back to .500 at home with their second walk-off win of the year courtesy of Byron Buxton and will look to take game two of the series tonight with Kenta Maeda on the mound for Minnesota. The Twins have won three of the last four and tonight will face off against Justin Dunn for Seattle, who the Twins beat 10-2 back on March 30th of this season.
Where to watch
AL Central Standings
1. Indians 17-8
2. Twins 13-10
3. Royals 13-10
4. White Sox 9-15
5. Tigers 5-18
Seattle: Justin Dunn 2-2. 7.85 ERA, 18.1P, 15 K's
Minnesota: Kenta Maeda** 1-0, 1.33 ERA, 20.1IP, 38 K's
- **= Kenta Maeda: 5th in AL, Strikeouts (38).
Seattle Batting Order
- 2B Dee Gordon .312BA, 0 HR, 4 RBI
- CF Mallek Smith .253 BA, 2 HR, 9 RBI
- RF Mitch Haniger .267 BA, 5 HR, 13 RBI
- 1B Daniel Vogelbach .234 BA, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- C Tom Murphy .225 BA, 4 HR, 9 RBI
- 3B Kyle Seager .188 BA, 5 HR, 6 RBI
- LF Braden Bishop .277 BA, 0 HR, 4 RBI
- SS J.P. Crawford .192 BA, 4 HR, 12 RBI
- DH Dylan Moore .176 BA, 1 HR, 4 RBI
Minnesota Batting Order
- RF Max Kepler .230 BA, 5 HR, 8 RBI
- SS Jorge Polanco .290 BA, 3 HR, 14 RBI
- 1B Mitch Garver .247 BA, 4 HR, 10 RBI
- DH Nelson Cruz .276 BA, 4 HR, 15 RBI
- 3B Josh Donaldson .284 BA, 2 HR, 8 RBI
- LF Eddie Rosario .278 BA, 3 HR, 11 RBI
- 2B Marwin Gonzalez .261 BA, 0 HR, 0 RBI
- C Alex Avila .357 BA, 1 HR, 1 RBI
- CF Byron Buxton .233 BA, 5 HR, 8 RBI
- 2020: 35
- 2019 through 23 games: 42
1. What a performance out of the pen yesterday from Fernando Romero, a man on the cusp of possibly going back to Rochester pitches four brilliant no-hit innings to help secure the victory yesterday. While he enjoys a much deserved day off, the Twins turn to Kenta Maeda, who leads the team in strikeouts, for game two.
2. With the next off-day not until the 27th, the Twins will shake the lineup a little to give some rest to key members of the Bomba Squad. Today Miguel Sano and Luis Arraez get days off and in for them are Alex Avila, who will catch while Garver plays 1B, and Marwin Gonzalez.
3. With the rotation on short rest as well, tomorrow's game could be a bullpen day depending on how Maeda's start goes. Smeltzer, who has already started a game this year, would be in line for the start tomorrow if Jhoulys Chacin is not ready.