While Fulmer goes 5 innings only allowing one run, he was bested by Jhoulys Chacin who nearly had the Twins first complete game of the year as the Twins take game one of the series 4-0. Game two of the series will feature the tail end of the Tigers rotation in Jordan Zimmerman, while the Twins will bring out their ace Jose Berrios looking to bounceback from his last Target Field start (0.2IP, 6R, 4 BB).
Where to watch
AL Central Standings
1. Indians 16-6
2. Twins 11-9
3. Royals 10-10
4. White Sox 9-12
5. Tigers 4-15
Detroit: Jordan Zimmerman 0-1. 9.82 ERA, 14.2P, 11 K's
Minnesota: Jose Berrios 1-1, 5.89 ERA, 18.1IP, 20 K's
Detroit Batting Order
- CF Cameron Maybin .290 BA, 2 HR, 8 RBI
- SS Niko Goodrum .250 BA, 1 HR, 8 RBI
- DH Miguel Cabrera .185 BA, 0 HR, 5 RBI
- 1B C.J. Cron .238 BA, 0 HR, 0 RBI
- 2B Jonathan Schoop .125 BA, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- 3B Harold Castro** .378 BA, 2 HR, 8 RBI
- RF Christian Stewart .262 BA, 2 HR, 11 RBI
- C Austin Romine .281 BA, 1 HR, 5 RBI
- LF Victor Reyes .300 BA, 1 HR, 5 RBI
**= Harold Castro: 3rd in AL, Batting Average (.378).
Minnesota Batting Order
- RF Max Kepler .213 BA, 4 HR, 7 RBI
- SS Jorge Polanco .287 BA, 2 HR, 12 RBI
- 3B Josh Donaldson .286 BA, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- DH Nelson Cruz .276 BA, 3 HR, 11 RBI
- C Alex Avila** .400 BA, 0 HR, 0 RBI
- 1B Miguel Sano .230 BA, 4 HR, 8 RBI
- 2B Luis Arraez .295 BA, 1 HR, 4 RBI
- LF Eddie Rosario .268 BA, 3 HR, 10 RBI
- CF Byron Buxton .210 BA, 3 HR, 4 RBI
**= Alex Avila: Former Tiger makes his debut for the first time in a Twins uniform against his old club as Mitch Garver gets the day off.
- 2020: 27
- 2019 through 20 games: 36
1. On the road, Berrios has been great, going 17.2IP with a 3.13 ERA. But today he'll make his second appearance in front of the Twins faithful looking to bounceback after his rough first start, (0.2IP, 6R, 4BB) and win the series.
2. It's early, but Harold Castro has been lighting the world on fire here early in April. 3rd in Batting Average and 4th in Hits, the best bat in the Tigers lineup graces the lineup again today after getting a day off yesterday.
3. The Twins are currently 6-8 this April and haven't had a winning streak since their five gamer back in March 28th-April 1st. So the Twins look to build some consistency while Detroit looks to end their losing streak and even the score in Minnesota!