After a dramatic win over Chicago, Minnesota improves it's road record to 8-2 and look get hot in Toronto before starting their longest homestand of the season so far. The Twins will turn to Jake Odorizzi today in the hopes he can go deep in this one after a 13 inning game yesterday taxed the bullpen.
Where to watch.
Toronto: Ryan Borucki 1-1. 5.29 ERA, 17.0IP, 6 K's
Minnesota: Jake Odorizzi 1-2, 5.17 ERA, 15.2IP, 16 K's
Minnesota Batting Order
- CF Byron Buxton .226 BA, 3 HR, 4 RBI
- SS Jorge Polanco** .296 BA, 2 HR, 11 RBI
- 3B Josh Donaldson .311 BA, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- DH Nelson Cruz .254 BA, 2 HR, 10 RBI
- 1B Marwin Gonzalez .300 BA, 0 HR, 0 RBI
- LF Eddie Rosario .316 BA, 3 HR, 10 RBI
- C Willians Astudillo .111 BA, 0 HR, 1RBI
- RF Max Kepler .186 BA, 3 HR, 6 RBI
- 2B Luis Arraez .277 BA, 1 HR, 3 RBI
**Jorge Polanco: T-2nd in RBI's among SS in American League, (11).
Toronto Batting Order
- SS Bo Bichette .281 BA, 1 HR, 6 RBI
- 2B Cavan Biggio .115 BA, 0 HR, 1 RBI
- DH Teoscar Hernandez** .353 BA, 3 HR, 12 RBI
- 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.** .351 BA, 1 HR, 10 RBI
- 1B Travis Shaw .250 BA, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- RF Randal Grichuk .133 BA, 1 HR, 5 RBI
- LF Billy McKinney .297 BA, 4 HR, 7 RBI
- CF Derek Fisher .167 BA, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- C Danny Jensen .250 BA, 0 HR, 0 RBI
**=Hernandez & Vlad Jr.: 8th and 9th in AL Batting Race, respectively.
- 2020: 24
- 2019 through 16 games: 23
1. The Twins get a bounce back start from Jose Berrios, some clutch hitting, and shutout ball from the bullpen. Consistency starting to build in the 2019 AL Central Division Champs early in April.
2. It's a border battle! Although not formerly rivals in the same division, the Twins head north of the border to take on the 9-7 Blue Jays and close out their road-trip on a high note before an off-day Thursday and a weekend series with Detroit.
3. Jake Odorizzi had a clutch outing last time out throwing seven shutout innings and picking up his first win of 2020. With a bullpen that used every arm but Devin Smeltzer in yesterday's win, the Twins need Jake Odorizzi to go deep in this one.