Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Recent Baseball America Milb Organization Rankings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 7,002 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

Since I'm not giving everything away, assuming it's OK to just mention the Twins here.

BA ranks the Twins 8th going in to the 2020 season, down one notch from 7th in 2019 preseason rankings. Their average ranking over the past 5yrs is 11th, showing a definite upswing as of late. Of course, they mention Lewis, Kirilloff, Larnach, Balazovic and Duran as top 100 prospects. They also state the Twins having a nice mix of impact prospects with a large amount of lower level depth. No surprises there.

Despite no graduation of top rated talent in 2019...other than maybe Thorpe as Arraez and others weren't ranked highly despite their contributions...I am not bothered by a one step drop in rankings. These things are always very fluid. And I have no doubt that injuries of the season ending and nagging kind suffered by Rooker, Lewis and Kirilloff may have contributed some.

The 5yr average ranking of 11th is very telling as there are only 5 teams who have a higher ranking over that 5yr span than our Twins. (Though we are tied for 11th place with a couple other organjzations). To me, this shows the consistency being built up within the organization.

If and how 2020 ever plays out, I'm very excited to see how our farm system does.
  • operation mindcrime likes this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown