Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

The 2021 window of opportunity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• 4,759 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:16 AM

Seems like teams like much of the world are going to take a huge financial hit.

I would expect the Twins and likely other teams with below average revenue are going to need to severely cut payroll next year. They would likely let free agents go and take very few players to arbitration.

I expect a large free agent pool and well below market offers to all but the elite.

The White Sox have a huge opportunity and not just in the central. They have a young core with many locked up. They have a great lease agreement, a good tv deal and reasonable costs this year. They will be positioned to take advantage of the market next winter. Their window should be wide open for several years as other teams in the central will be in much worse position.

#2 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• 3,790 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:51 AM

If this season is cancelled, this Twins team will go down in Minnesota history as "The Greatest Team that Never Was".

A lost season will hurt many teams, but I think the Twins and their fans are going to feel this one the hardest. Absolutely brutal, some may say tragic. As far as baseball is concerned, anyway.

#3 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Banned
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

Haven't made the playoffs in 11 years, 8 losing seasons in a row, Reinsdorf is the owner. I'm not concerned with America's Team. Winning the offseason and winning the Central are two different things. They haven't even figured out they're a large market team yet.