Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Trevor Bauer doing breakdown of Max Kepler's HR streak on youtube.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 darin617

darin617

• 1,553 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

https://old.reddit.c...ins_fans_in_my/

Not sure if anyone has watched any of his videos he has been making lately but they are pretty good. People have been hounding him on twitter like mad and he has finally agreed to do a breakdown on the streak. It should be a good time to say the least.

Only thing that could make it better would be if he could get Max Kepler involved as well.

• glunn, Dantes929, Oldgoat_MN and 3 others like this

#2 darin617

darin617

• 1,553 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:00 PM

https://www.youtube....ser/BauerOutage

#3 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,707 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:03 AM

Next Wednesday at 7pm (CDT) if i was payin' attention.

Sounds interesting.

#4 darin617

darin617

• 1,553 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:03 PM

If anyone is bored it will be on tonight.

#5 Dantes929

Dantes929

• 2,866 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:21 PM

I enjoyed it. More so when it actually happened but this was good also.  

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#6 ashbury

ashbury

Visalia Oaks

• 25,297 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:01 AM

I enjoyed it. More so when it actually happened but this was good also.  

Can't decide whether he would make a better pitching coach or a hitting coach. Or maybe neither, because I don't actually know what makes a good coach. :)

PS: love this comment down below the video: "Telling himself to lock it in on a bad line [that he drew with his video marker] is peak Bauer."

The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.

#7 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Twins Daily Staff
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:13 AM

This was pretty awesome.

He says he wasn't that mad about it toward the end, but he was very clearly frustrated if I remember right as it was happening real-time. His look of disbelief after watching one of them go out is just pure gold (and it's present in this thread from Tom: http://twinsdaily.co...e-bomba-squad/)

Bauer has been annoying, but this type of stuff makes me appreciate him quite a bit.

Edited by Steve Lein, 02 April 2020 - 09:14 AM.

• darin617 likes this

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 45, Speed: 45. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but will sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#8 Dantes929

Dantes929

• 2,866 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

This was pretty awesome.

He says he wasn't that mad about it toward the end, but he was very clearly frustrated if I remember right as it was happening real-time. His look of disbelief after watching one of them go out is just pure gold (and it's present in this thread from Tom: http://twinsdaily.co...e-bomba-squad/)

Bauer has been annoying, but this type of stuff makes me appreciate him quite a bit.

I've got a friend who is a baseball guy that thinks Bauer is just a bad teammate and a selfish jerk especially because of his stance on only signing one year contracts when he hits free agency.I think its refreshing that a guy will take the risk to just get paid based on his most recent year's peformance and find it no more selfish or being a worse teammate than any guy that leaves for free agency.

• Steve Lein likes this
If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#9 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,819 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

I consider myself above average in baseball knowledge for a fan, but this presentation shows how much more a trained professional knows than a layman. It was very interesting to see how Bauer and Kepler made adjustments to each other's adjustments. And even if you know what you are doing as a pitcher, sometimes you're the pigeon and sometimes you're the statue.

• ashbury and Steve Lein like this