Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Scott Boras Wants a 162 Game Season - Playoffs in December

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Trov

Trov

Ft Myers Miracle

• 254 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:39 AM

Both sides basically agreed to what Boras proposed.Depending on when they start there will be double headers, almost no off days, and playoffs will be played in neutral site locations.Basically, is it about money on both sides.It will be interesting if no season happens, looking more and more likely with each passing day.How many players that were FA that signed 1 year deal will return for similar money?From my understand of agreement Odo could not be given qualifying offer again so he will test FA I am sure.  

I doubt they will get full 162, but if they can start by mid june, I could 120, with lots of flexable rosters to accomidate the double headers.  

#22 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,675 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted Yesterday, 10:47 AM

This has been discussed elsewhere, but I'll say it on this thread as well. We do not have enough information at this point to even guess at a date for resumption of MLB but I think having games in June is almost certainly out of the question. I would not be surprised if the entire season is cancelled. 

• rdehring likes this

#23 In My La-Z-boy

In My La-Z-boy

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 145 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:11 PM

This has been discussed elsewhere, but I'll say it on this thread as well. We do not have enough information at this point to even guess at a date for resumption of MLB but I think having games in June is almost certainly out of the question. I would not be surprised if the entire season is cancelled. 

I agree with this comment - except I would be greatly surprised if the season was called off. It isn't the apocalypse yet - this will peak, and this will drop - remedies will surface - hot and humid will cover the Country - and they will play football. No way they cancel baseball if they are playing football. I will predict a 120 game season, starting July 1 - through Oct 31st - 30 games per month with 4 double-headers - 4 off days per month - 29 man rosters - and Nov/Dec playoffs at neutral sites. Twins win the World Series for Christmas:)