Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Prospects Live 2-round mock

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 biggentleben

biggentleben

• 4,530 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

I figured many would have interest in this. Hopefully, we have a draft in some variety this year, but in my contacts with the league office, the story has changed a bit each time on what is exactly going on, so I won't assume anything!

Multiple writers from the Prospects Live team put together this mock. I handled the second Twins pick along with multiple other selections. Enjoy!

https://www.prospect...mock-draft-2020

• operation mindcrime likes this

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!

#2 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 6,276 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:36 PM

Interesting, to say the least, as no question any draft of this nature is so grossly affected by the Corona virus and implications we don't know yet. Not the least being the cancellation of the college season after only a few weeks. But you already know that. Though I admit to having no idea about how HS talent is affected in the draft per 2019 summer sessions or spring ball throughout the country before stoppage. Any thoughts on that?

It may simply be BPA, but thus far, the current FO has shown a penchant for position players first, and grab upside arms later. In this mock, with the Twins selecting a HS arm first, your choice of Henry is all the more interesting as the Twins seem to be looking for arms that have that ONE PITCH they really like and feel they can work off of that. Henry seems to fit that mold.

Been a while since the Twins went that hard early for pitching.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown