Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Seattle series in April, location to be moved

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 662 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:15 AM

Looks like the Twins 2nd series of the season in Seattle might be moved to Arizona.

• glunn likes this

#2 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,764 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:16 AM

I'm in favor.
  • SQUIRREL, glunn, birdwatcher and 11 others like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#3 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,792 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:05 AM

Good plan.

• glunn and Sconnie like this
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." - Old Serbian proverb

#4 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• 3,206 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:16 AM

The Twins were scheduled to play their 2nd series of the year in Seattle. The M's will no longer be playing this series at home, by governor decree.

The games will be moved, location TBA.

• glunn likes this

#5 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• 2,404 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

As the thing continues to spread - nightmare scenario is this great lineup will get caught in limbo as games get played in empty stadia, or cancelled.

• glunn and bighat like this

#6 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• 3,206 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

As the thing continues to spread - nightmare scenario is this great lineup will get caught in limbo as games get played in empty stadia, or cancelled.

Yeah - I mean, obviously we're all most concerned about our own health and the health of our fellow citizens, that goes without saying.

But you bring up a good point. Is it possible MLB goes through a half-season? What if a player comes down with this virus? Whole team quarantine? The league can't operate if that happens. Could we possibly be looking at a cancelled season or at least a very abbreviated one?

• glunn, Mike Frasier Law and adjacent like this

#7 MMMordabito

MMMordabito

Fort Walton Beach Jets

• 1,284 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

Yeah - I mean, obviously we're all most concerned about our own health and the health of our fellow citizens, that goes without saying.

But you bring up a good point. Is it possible MLB goes through a half-season? What if a player comes down with this virus? Whole team quarantine? The league can't operate if that happens. Could we possibly be looking at a cancelled season or at least a very abbreviated one?

It would be par for the course as far as being a Minnesota sports fan.Remember, we can't have nice things.With that said, it will just mean more fishing time for this guy.Easy to keep a one meter distance from other participants doing that.

#8 21bdp21

21bdp21

Elizabethton Twins

• 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:13 PM

This really annoys me. I moved to Washington several years ago and I only go to one game a year when the Twins come to play the Mariners. Now I have no reason to overspend on baseball tickets. 

• glunn and Sconnie like this

#9 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,740 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:21 PM

This really annoys me. I moved to Washington several years ago and I only go to one game a year when the Twins come to play the Mariners. Now I have no reason to overspend on baseball tickets. 

Sorry you will have to miss out ... but welcome to TD!

• glunn and 21bdp21 like this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#10 cmoss84

cmoss84

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 537 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:40 PM

I've heard of a Whitney Houston virtual reality concert in Las Vegas. Maybe they can do the same thing to pack baseball stadiums!

Nothing like virtual hecklers! 

...then I guess they would need virtual trash cans.

But seriously-this would suck. 

• glunn, nicksaviking and bighat like this

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#11 adjacent

adjacent

• 258 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

Yes it would suck. But I take it against ending up in a ventilator, or worse.

• glunn, woolywoolhouse, Sconnie and 1 other like this

#12 Diesel

Diesel

Ft Myers Miracle

• 421 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:50 PM

The NBA season is suspended indefinitely because a player tested positive for it. This baseball season, at the very least, will be shortened. I’m sad. Prayers to everybody who has it, and for our world as a whole.
  • glunn likes this

#13 drock2190

drock2190

• 1,413 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

Twins have a championship caliber roster in like forever...Season cancelled. 

Wouldn't that be the luck?

• Jerr and DannySD like this

#14 Number3

Number3

Ft Myers Miracle

• 476 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:00 AM

It would be par for the course as far as being a Minnesota sports fan.Remember, we can't have nice things.With that said, it will just mean more fishing time for this guy.Easy to keep a one meter distance from other participants doing that.

Except on opening day of so called trout season around here when they dump bucket loads of fish into the streams from hatcheries and so called fishermen yank them back out as they stand shoulder to shoulder along the banks. What a sport.

• MMMordabito likes this

#15 TFRazor

TFRazor

Who's on first?

• 736 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

I'm actually a bit surprised that no MLB player has come down with it yet. Here's to hoping that trend continues.

• ashbury likes this

#16 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,740 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:29 AM

I'm actually a bit surprised that no MLB player has come down with it yet. Here's to hoping that trend continues.

I'm wondering if they aren't all being monitored closely ... and being tested ... if someone comes up positive ... then I'm wondering if they will suspend the start of the season.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#17 RaymondLuxuryYacht

RaymondLuxuryYacht

Ft Myers Miracle

• 354 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Sounds like the remainder of Spring Training will be suspended

#18 ashbury

ashbury

Elizabethton Twins

• 25,146 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 12 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

Welp, this topic aged gracefully.

• USAFChief likes this

You should attempt to re-express your opponent’s position so clearly, vividly, and fairly that your opponent says, 'Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.'

#19 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,953 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:04 PM

The word at the Spring Training complex among the local media was that this would carry into a delay in the start to the season as well.

#20 drock2190

drock2190

• 1,413 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:35 PM

Are there any Rudy Gobert types in MLB?