Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins 2020 Position Analysis: Left Field

eddie rosario
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 6,653 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:00 PM

Agree. Let's not forget you can't use RBI's because that's about opportunity and not ability.

I agree and disagree. You are absolutely correct about opportunity. In any normal lineup, hitting 3-5 should give you more opportunity. But you also have to produce when given said opportunity. Eddie did, though he was clearly better the first half than after injury.

That being said, while it may be a blow to the ego, if Kepler doesn't hit at the top of the order, I think I'd slot him a couple spots ahead of Rosario, with a RH bat between them, just because I think he's the better pure hitter.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#22 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:39 AM

Yes, analytics has missed the boat on Eddie. He still put bat to ball 32 times for a bomba in 2019. For fun, I looked at the other MLB players who hit 32 HRs in 2019: Charlie Blackmon, Manny Machado, Ketel Marte, Francisco Lindor, and Rafael Devers. It's an interesting list to say the least and I wonder if any of them get the same amount of heat that Eddie does.

People aren't giving Eddie heat over his home run total. There's a lot more that goes into being an effective ballplayer.

Anyway, as noted in the article, he ranked 61st in SLG last year (and tied for 39th in HR). His best skill wasn't that much of a standout trait. 

#23 dxpavelka

dxpavelka

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 659 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:40 PM

Have always been an Eddie fan, But he is the odd man out...forget Cave and Wade....get to the young guys.Hopefully Eddie lights it up first 1/2 the year and can be part of a trade deadline deal for a pitcher.and let one of the Kids take over.  

Not a Cave fan at all.......his D was terrible last year.....and if you are going cheap let one of the Kids get a start.........

Young guys got to prove it before you let one of them take over.Will take an injury or major slump for them to get the opportunity. 

#24 twinfan

twinfan

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 106 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:39 AM

This is a key year for Eddie and the Twins. If guys come back to last year's offense (Garver), Eddie could be traded. If some young guys (Kiriloff) and Cave do well, he could be let go. I like Eddie and thin he really shows he cares. But somebody may have to go as salaries begin to jump. Management likes him and you don't need the best defense in left field- just be adequate. So we'll see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eddie rosario