Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins 2020 Position Analysis: Second Base

luis arraez nick gordon
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• 4,727 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:08 PM

I was encouraged to see Gonzalez at 2B today.

He might be the best option if something goes awry with Arraez.
  • Sconnie and DocBauer like this

#22 joefish

joefish

• 174 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

Interesting on-air comments made today about the lower demands from our middle infielders with the increase in fly balls and all the infield shifts being used by teams. Hmmm. I still want a GG short stop.
  • SQUIRREL and Sconnie like this

#23 Bickle19

Bickle19

Elizabethton Twins

• 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:23 AM

So Lewis might be Adrianza? I am pretty sure nobody is going to be OK with that.

He has tons of power though, so that's not even a remotely accurate portrayal of his skillset. 

#24 wabene

wabene

Wahoo

• 1,140 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:40 PM

What I liked about second base last year was how they played the young hot player and sat the more expensive vet even though he was reasonably good. They also handled the politics of that situation in an exemplary fashion.

#25 Tomj14

Tomj14

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,139 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:12 AM

He has tons of power though, so that's not even a remotely accurate portrayal of his skillset. 

This is what I quoted, NOT what I said.

"I can deal with a .240 hitter with little power if he can play SS like it NEEDS to be played for a good team.And with the depth that the Twins lineup possesses, a below-average bat can be tolerated."

Notice the - "little power" and "below-average bat" parts., I think that accurately portrays Adrianza

As a Twins fan he better end up being better than Adrianza, no matter what position he ends up at, otherwise he will just be another prospect the Twins wasted an opportunity to trade super high on.

I really, really hope he ends up with tons of power like you stated, but at this point I wouldn't go that far yet.

#26 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• Banned
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 06 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

I can't think of any prospect our favorite team wasted an opportunity to trade super high on.

#27 twinfan

twinfan

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 97 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:54 AM

I hope Arraez continues to hit as he has throughout his career. I liked Schoop and hated to see him go. We seem in the best shape at second with several who can play that position. Just don't hand everything over to Arraez just yet. Let him proove he can do it over time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: luis arraez, nick gordon