Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Nick Gordon News?

nick gordon
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Ft Myers Miracle

• 276 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:03 PM

I wonder his stomach problem could be nerves. Gordon was a great HS school player but what was his competition? I see him as improving at AAA this year but also see him having difficulty adjusting to MLB & don`t see him getting any better than avg. We have a lot of SS prospects coming up IMO Gordon should be traded at deadline.

#22 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• 2,003 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:30 PM

His father made sure he faced good competition. I don't believe Adrianza or Gonzalez will be back.

#23 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 531 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

I'm looking really close and I hope when you say "dump him" that it's just a very good gastrointestinal joke. Otherwise, I don't get this take.

Ding ding

#24 SteelDodo

SteelDodo

Elizabethton Twins

• 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

I wonder his stomach problem could be nerves. Gordon was a great HS school player but what was his competition? I see him as improving at AAA this year but also see him having difficulty adjusting to MLB & don`t see him getting any better than avg. We have a lot of SS prospects coming up IMO Gordon should be traded at deadline.

Really? Who are you referring to?

Outside of Lewis, I don't think we have anyone in our system that has a better than not chance of being a major league SS. There are a few lower level lottery tickets (Cavaco, Holland, Steer, Javier, etc.) who may pan out at SS, but all seem to have pretty big question marks. Furthermore, none of them are close enough to the big leagues that they can be considered to be "pushing" Gordon for playing time.

Not to say that I have high hopes for Gordon, but I think that if we were to trade him that would make SS a weak spot for our system.

• birdwatcher, DocBauer and SF Twins Fan like this

#25 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,545 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

Thorpe, Romero, Gordon and Buxton all on the 40-man (not to mention Hill and Pineda). None will be ready for opening day, not that it matters to most or expected of a couple. Buxton not being ready will pave the way for Cave. But, yeah...always wonder how players don't figure that Day One is spring training. 

I hear the food is pretty good at training camp!

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#26 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Ft Myers Miracle

• 276 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:07 PM

Really? Who are you referring to?

Outside of Lewis, I don't think we have anyone in our system that has a better than not chance of being a major league SS. There are a few lower level lottery tickets (Cavaco, Holland, Steer, Javier, etc.) who may pan out at SS, but all seem to have pretty big question marks. Furthermore, none of them are close enough to the big leagues that they can be considered to be "pushing" Gordon for playing time.

Not to say that I have high hopes for Gordon, but I think that if we were to trade him that would make SS a weak spot for our system.

Yes we don`t have anyone knocking down the door at SS right now but for your information we have an all-star SS right now in Polanco & he`s sign for how many years? 4? & how many years will he be able to play for the Twins. I believe as many as he wants to. By that time Lewis will be ready & Cavaco has progress very quickly he could be ready by that time also & maybe even a lottery ticket or 2, Adrianza is better than Gordon & is able to sub until Lewis is ready 

#27 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:28 PM

Is there any chance, at all, that the guy's suffering from a medical issue and you're simply clueless about that?

Is there any chance at all that a medical issue is going to derail his career and prevent him from being an effective player?You really have to wonder now if he takes care of himself or is doing things he should not be doing.Not saying he IS, just sayin

#28 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:36 PM

If this has nothing to do with diet and lifestyle then it is a medical issue.The trouble is, it is awfully hard to be a pro-athlete with a medical issue.It is what derailed Rocco's career.Is it horrible to say this?

I don't think it is.

#29 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• 2,003 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

Is that why we traded Graterol?

#30 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 9,440 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:36 PM

Thorpe, Romero, Gordon and Buxton all on the 40-man (not to mention Hill and Pineda). None will be ready for opening day, not that it matters to most or expected of a couple. Buxton not being ready will pave the way for Cave. But, yeah...always wonder how players don't figure that Day One is spring training.

I hear the food is pretty good at training camp!

All I have heard this spring is that Buxton is on schedule to be ready for Opening Day.
  • Thrylos likes this

#31 Shaitan

Shaitan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,312 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:15 PM

Sometimes people catch viruses. Just sayin'.

Also, it's super common not to put players on the field in early ST when there are like 385 players on the roster. There is no rush to get AAA players in practice games.

The likely reason this isn't being talking about in the papers is because it's a non-story.

#32 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 4,833 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:35 PM

Gordon has a mission, and that is to be a star in the bigs. Don't be a non-believer. Don't forget - He's the Man!

• Thrylos likes this

#33 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• 4,449 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

If this has nothing to do with diet and lifestyle then it is a medical issue.The trouble is, it is awfully hard to be a pro-athlete with a medical issue.It is what derailed Rocco's career.Is it horrible to say this?

I don't think it is.

If that was the comment, a concern that a medical condition MIGHT, repeat MIGHT derail Gordon's career, fine.

The commenter, and all the rest of us, have no idea at all about the cause of his medical condition. It's just plain wrong to speculate that Gordon is irresponsible about his "lifestyle" and diet. It brings us full circle to those who concluded he lacked dedication because he's a wannabe rap star. 

While it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he can control his own fate better, it's uncharitable to conclude that.

Let's let the beat writers tell us what's going on. They're all over it as usual.;)

• SQUIRREL likes this

#34 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:57 PM

If that was the comment, a concern that a medical condition MIGHT, repeat MIGHT derail Gordon's career, fine.

The commenter, and all the rest of us, have no idea at all about the cause of his medical condition. It's just plain wrong to speculate that Gordon is irresponsible about his "lifestyle" and diet. It brings us full circle to those who concluded he lacked dedication because he's a wannabe rap star. 

While it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he can control his own fate better, it's uncharitable to conclude that.

Let's let the beat writers tell us what's going on. They're all over it as usual.;)

Right here you are doing your own speculation.I don't find it offensive, but it is worth pointing out if you are going to play that card.When I brought up his "lifestyle" I was not referring to his "rap career".I had completely forgotten about it until someone posted the video.I could care less if you speculate on my motivation behind that post to you, but if you think it is imbedded in rap music you are wrong.

Also, I see nothing wrong with anyone wondering WHY this has happened twice after months of being away from the game.You say we don't know how or why it's come to this so how are you going to stop people from wondering?It absolutely could be he isn't eating right, staying hydrated or whatever.You don't know that isn't true and I never passed that off as fact.I do think it is something the Twins ought to monitor, though....since this is the second time.Maybe he is drinking too much coffee and soda and not enough water?Maybe he eats poorly.Who knows?Least of which ME and YOU.He sure is very skinny (a fact) so that is a concern of mine.In most cases, there is a reason for this kind of thing and it is quite possible he could avoid these issues in the future.

Not sure how that is such a horrible thing to say.it is almost like a "how dare you" response and that is not really necessary.  

#35 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• 4,449 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:04 PM

Right here you are doing your own speculation.I don't find it offensive, but it is worth pointing out if you are going to play that card.When I brought up his "lifestyle" I was not referring to his "rap career".I had completely forgotten about it until someone posted the video.I could care less if you speculate on my motivation behind that post to you, but if you think it is imbedded in rap music you are wrong.

Also, I see nothing wrong with anyone wondering WHY this has happened twice after months of being away from the game.You say we don't know how or why it's come to this so how are you going to stop people from wondering?It absolutely could be he isn't eating right, staying hydrated or whatever.You don't know that isn't true and I never passed that off as fact.I do think it is something the Twins ought to monitor, though....since this is the second time.Maybe he is drinking too much coffee and soda and not enough water?Maybe he eats poorly.Who knows?Least of which ME and YOU.He sure is very skinny (a fact) so that is a concern of mine.In most cases, there is a reason for this kind of thing and it is quite possible he could avoid these issues in the future.

Not sure how that is such a horrible thing to say.it is almost like a "how dare you" response and that is not really necessary.  

Huh? 

#36 obtusebanter

obtusebanter

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 157 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:39 AM

Huh?

I got two kids. Sometimes they like to help me cook dinner. I let them stir the pot. No harm. No foul.  

• Sconnie likes this

#37 Old Twins Cap

Old Twins Cap

• 1,004 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:46 AM

Let's all hope Gordon comes back strong.

Do it Nick!

#38 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,751 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

I read he’s been cleared to play and we should see him before the week is out.
  • birdwatcher likes this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#39 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,696 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:57 PM

I read he’s been cleared to play and we should see him before the week is out.

"Who says the week is out?"

(obligatory Mrs. Lovett response)

#40 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,751 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

And Nick Gordon is in today's lineup ... 

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nick gordon