Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Daily 2020 Top Prospects: Recap

royce lewis alex kirilloff trevor larnach brusdar graterol jordan balazovic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 6,270 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

Sano and Polanco were signed while Smith was the GM, Developed while Ryan was the GM and deployed for maximum benefit while Falvey and Lavine are in charge. They all get credit.

But while we waited for Sano, Polanco, Kepler and everybody to get here. We endured an extended dark age that didn't need to be so extended.

This.

At this point, it is about today and future tomorrows. Any mistakes or blame to anyone for any dark ages of drafting and development are moot. They are over and done. Just being honest, the jury will be out on the FO for a couple more years as virtually anyone they have drafted or acquired as a prospect has yet to reach the ML level.

Early returns for development look very good for our current FO. Early returns on player acquisition outside the draft look very good. But for me, I am hopefully and enjoying what we are seeing and will refrain from any sort of judgment for another year or two.

But yeah, I like what I'm seeing thus far.
  • birdwatcher and Riverbrian like this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royce lewis, alex kirilloff, trevor larnach, brusdar graterol, jordan balazovic