Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Spring Training

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,308 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:03 PM

Hey guys I just have a dumb question.I have never been to Twins Spring Training, but this year I am taking my family out there for 5 days.My question is; can fans go and watch practice?Like on days when the Twins don't play or are on the road, etc....I know, and it was a while ago, probably like 15 years ago or more, but my parents lived in Arizona during the winter and I'd come over from Cali to visit.While doing so I could go and watch the Cubs during Spring training and watch practice and stuff.So I was just wondering if I could do the same with the Twins during Spring Training?

Thanks, I'm sure some of you guys have been there before that is why I am asking.

again thanks

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#2 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 550 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:06 PM

If you scroll down there is already a subject called spring training/ft.meyers. Some great information there and it should answer all your questions.

#3 South Dakota Tom

South Dakota Tom

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 121 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:18 PM

Quick answer, though, is yes.  Yes, you can watch them practice.  Yes, you can wander from field to field.  If you come during the first two weeks (before games are played), you can just hang out in the bleachers for nothing - at least last time I was there - and watch Tony O and Rodney Cline and a host of other coaches with the players, hanging on the bullpen rail and listening to the sound of ball hitting mitt.

It is delicious. I like spring training games as well, but to me, those first days of practice-only are a baseball purist's dream time.

• akmanak and bighat like this

#4 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,508 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

There’s this thread:
http://twinsdaily.co...myers-question/

And this one, too:
http://twinsdaily.co...ng/#entry956317

If you have more specific questions just ask.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#5 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,308 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Thanks

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy