Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins out on deal

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 sweetmusicviola16

sweetmusicviola16

Ft Myers Miracle

• 484 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:39 PM

MLB Trade Rumors now reporting that the Dodgers/ Twins part of the deal is set with Graterol going to LA and the Twins getting Maeda and "slightly more". Stay tuned.

Indeed should be. As doctorgast stated above, Maeda isn't worth Graterol straight up. 

#42 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,735 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

Looks as though an off field incident has halted this thing. Graterol screwed up with a camera, He left the workout room in tears yesterday after Rocco went in after being with Falvey.

I am suspicious this cryptic message is accurate and Graterol isn’t going to pitch for the Twins again. Seems like it may be hard to keep him after “trading” him.

#43 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,735 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

Indeed should be. As doctorgast stated above, Maeda isn't worth Graterol straight up.

LaVelle’s post make it sound like the deal to the Dodgers would be Graterol plus another prospect, with LA throwing in someone minor. So don’t get your hopes up.
  • SQUIRREL likes this

#44 ChrisKnutson

ChrisKnutson

• 662 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

LaVelle’s post make it sound like the deal to the Dodgers would be Graterol plus another prospect, with LA throwing in someone minor. So don’t get your hopes up.

If that’s the case, the Twins just need to end this and go sign Walker. Besides, plenty of more pitching will be available by the deadline so I wouldn’t be so concerned about making a deal right now as if it’s an absolute necessity.
  • sweetmusicviola16 likes this

#45 sweetmusicviola16

sweetmusicviola16

Ft Myers Miracle

• 484 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

In reading up on this a bit it would appear as if we are giving up more. Which would mean that in this muddle the big boys did indeed get Falvine to cave in to the pressure. They should have moved on. Maeda is not that good. Not Graterol good and not Graterol plus more good. 

If you're going to play with the sharks Falvey you better learn to swim.

#46 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,296 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

I think Graterol alone is already more than fair.
I don't like adding another prospect, even a token one, when the deal is already more than fair. It sets a bad precedent for future trades.

I don't like it, either, but it's fair movement when the other team starts waffling.

What the Red Sox are asking for is outrageous, on the other hand.

• jkcarew likes this

#47 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,556 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

In reading up on this a bit it would appear as if we are giving up more. Which would mean that in this muddle the big boys did indeed get Falvine to cave in to the pressure. They should have moved on. Maeda is not that good. Not Graterol good and not Graterol plus more good. 

If you're going to play with the sharks Falvey you better learn to swim.

Maeda for Graterol straight up was a steal for the Twins, let’s wait and see what the rest of the deal looks like.
  • Twins33 likes this

#48 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,556 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Also, the Angels part of the deal appeared to be headlined by a weak-bat utility infielder. While they have less control, the Twins have two utility infielders with decent bats. If the Angels get cut out, maybe Adrianza or Gonzalez get involved in the deal somehow.

Or maybe Maeda and Peterson come over with Graterol and Rosario leaving, and Rosario extra year of control being the additional equity the Twins needed to chip in.
  • tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#49 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,416 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:47 PM

I love it when everyone has a different answer to whether with Twins are still in the deal or not.

Until there has been a contract signed with a meeting of the minds, there is no deal. There never has been a deal in this scenario. 

#50 old nurse

old nurse

• 3,974 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

If the Twins really want Maeda, their offer of Graterol plus someone in the 15-20 range is fair. Why Boston hasn't just accepted it is beyond me because it's so painfully obvious they will NOT get Graterol plus another top ten prospect. That's just silly.

Step off the ledge, Bloom. Just take the deal already. You're not going to look better the longer you string this along.

15-20 range. Is there a boom or bust low level prospect there?

#51 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,416 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:53 PM

The Dodgers could give more and still come away fine, but I could see the trade restructured so the Twins both give up and get more.

This is an example of a face saving compromise for both the Twins and the Red Sox. I like this suggestion.

#52 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,416 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:01 PM

Looks as though an off field incident has halted this thing.  Graterol screwed up with a camera,  He left the workout room in tears yesterday after Rocco went in after being with Falvey.

I'd like to have been a fly on that wall.

#53 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,742 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

If that’s the case, the Twins just need to end this and go sign Walker. Besides, plenty of more pitching will be available by the deadline so I wouldn’t be so concerned about making a deal right now as if it’s an absolute necessity.

You don't get guys signed for 4 years to team-friendly contracts at the trade deadline. This isn't about 2020.

• Sconnie and Dman like this

#54 Otwins

Otwins

• 443 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

When Walker worked out for teams last week his fastball was aroung 88.Keep working on the Maeda trade.

#55 Diesel

Diesel

Ft Myers Miracle

• 393 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:48 PM

Maeda and cash for Graterol and another prospect

#56 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• 3,120 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:54 PM

Can't wait to see who the other prospect is.

#57 ChrisKnutson

ChrisKnutson

• 662 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:56 PM

You don't get guys signed for 4 years to team-friendly contracts at the trade deadline. This isn't about 2020.

What about Archer then? He may not have 4 years of control, but he’s making $9M in 2020 and could make $11M in 2021 if his option is picked up which is right around the amount that Maeda would make if he maxes out on the incentives in his contract. It may be a slight risk due to his recent struggles, but paying the same price for a potential #1-2 starter does interest me quite a bit more than Maeda.

#58 operation mindcrime

operation mindcrime

Minnesota Twins

• 3,317 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:57 PM

Can't wait to see who the other prospect is.

I heard it's Royce Lewis! :)

#59 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,520 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Dodgers get: Graterol + draft pick
Twins get: Maeda + $10mil
  • Brock Beauchamp likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#60 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,296 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:13 PM

15-20 range. Is there a boom or bust low level prospect there?

There always are in a farm system this deep in middling talent. I'm sure there are guys in that range that Falvine don't particularly care for and wouldn't lose any sleep over if they were traded.