Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

What to do for 15 days

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,934 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

With the trade of Graterol for Maeda, it looks like our roster is set and the off season is over. The Timberwolves and Wild are giving us nothing to watch and the Super Bowl is also over. What to do? Now we just wait for the first game of Spring Training. How am I going to fill my next 15 days?

Day:

1-Scan every media sight ever created for information on Maeda

2-Pull everything in the basement out of storage, reorganize, throw 1 or 2 things in the neighbors dumpster, and put everything else back in a "better, more organized" way.

3-Plan a summer vacation, scrap plan A for B. Scrap plan B for C, Scrap plan C for D. Plan a fishing trip up north instead.

4-Help the neighbor down the street that I have only talked to once load his UHaul

5-Wander around the Mall of America watching the wife look at things I really hope she doesn't buy. Carry that stuff to Cold Stone and get a waffle bowl

6-Drive to a small rural community, eat at the local diner, make several loud comments about how "Great" another neighboring similar sized community is and see what happens. (Make sure I have an escape route)

7-Clean the interiors of both cars including the windows and swap the old air fresheners out for new ones.

8-Call a distant relative I have not talked to since last off season. Repeat this action as many times as is necessary to get through a day

9-Watch Star Wars Episodes 1-9 in order

10-Read the whole Twins Daily off season handbook and Prospect handbook again

11-Greet new neighbor, help them unload their UHaul, have the first (and probably only) conversation with them.

12-Go through all my clothes to purge things I don't wear anymore. Put Vikings Jerseys in back of closet, move Twins Jerseys to front. Put everything else back in between the Jersey types. (Don't let my wife see me slip that old Hawaiian shirt and the super comfy sweater back in the closet) Cancel trip to donation site since I kept it all.

13-Go to "Largest Candy Store in Minnesota". Spend an hour selecting my 6 favorite root beers. Spend another hour finding my two favorite candies.

14-Visit and check out "Lifetime Fitness" "Any Time Fitness" "Planet Fitness" and "LA Fitness" Decide to work out at home instead. On the couch. Holding my favorite drink.

15-Change over the Man Cave from ALL vikings gear to ALL Twins gear and look for a channel to watch the Twins vs Gophers game. Spend the rest of the day frustrated that it was not broadcast. NOT EVEN WCCO?!?! One more day, one more day...

• ashbury, Yoke, nicksaviking and 7 others like this

#2 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,531 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:05 PM

...2-Pull everything in the basement out of storage, reorganize, throw 1 or 2 things in the neighbors dumpster, and put everything else back in a "better, more organized" way....

I doubt it. And I have the basement to prove it. 

(But if you do pull it off, stop on over and you can take a shot at mine.)

#3 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,531 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

Also, you forgot "Watch the Hawkeyes run the board."

(Hides under the desk to avoid projectiles launched from TD readership.)

#4 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 652 posts
  • LocationNew York City, NY

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

6-Drive to a small rural community, eat at the local diner, make several loud comments about how "Great" another neighboring similar sized community is and see what happens. (Make sure I have an escape route)

For some reason this made me LOL. ha ha.Just picturing this happening and seeing the reactions on their faces would be priceless.

• goulik likes this

#5 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,934 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

For some reason this made me LOL. ha ha.Just picturing this happening and seeing the reactions on their faces would be priceless.

I mean, Right? It is Possibly a little dangerous too, which makes it a cardio workout as well...

#6 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

I have already done 1,2,3,5,7 and working on 9- up to episode 5...

It’s going to be a long 15 days
  • goulik likes this

#7 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,732 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

16. Check MLBTradeRumors for status of Maeda trade. Grumble, repeat every 2 hours.
  • NoCryingInBaseball, goulik, Sconnie and 2 others like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#8 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,474 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

You all must be retired.
  • USAFChief, goulik, Vanimal46 and 1 other like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#9 spycake

spycake

• 17,672 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

Reading Graterol’s medical reports should take 15 days, easy!
  • goulik and Sconnie like this

#10 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:17 PM

You all must be retired.

as we have met, you know I am not retired. I actually don’t sleep much...

#11 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,862 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

a bit surprised there wasn't a reference to copious drinking. 

#12 amjgt

amjgt

• 2,708 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

With the trade of Graterol for Maeda, it looks like our roster is set and the off season is over.

While I agree with this assessment, we've already said that a couple times this offseason and each of the previous two offseasons had deals done in spring training. 

So......Off season not over?

• goulik and Sconnie like this