Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Forum Page Redirects for Android Phones

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Intramural Legend

Intramural Legend

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the forum pages using a smart phone?

I keep being redirected to http://luckytickets.org saying I have won an award. This only seems to happen on this website.

Thanks

#2 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yup, Galaxy III actually. And the site is unusable while using Google Chrome. Something with the ads on the side don't go well with the the chrome operating system. It's like tequilla and coke...they don't mix all that well (Tequilla with anything other than margarita's don't mix really)

#3 Intramural Legend

Intramural Legend

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Is there anyone that can look into this. The forum is not usable from my phone because of these redirect ads.

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

I no longer have an Android device to use as a test platform. The site is working on my iPhone just fine. What browser are you using and how many people are having this problem?

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Yup, Galaxy III actually. And the site is unusable while using Google Chrome. Something with the ads on the side don't go well with the the chrome operating system. It's like tequilla and coke...they don't mix all that well (Tequilla with anything other than margarita's don't mix really)

The site works fine for me in Chrome on both Mac and PC. Are you using the Chrome browser or are you using Chrome OS (ie. a ChromeBook)?

#6 Intramural Legend

Intramural Legend

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I am seeing the issue using the Dolphin browser, Chrome Browser and Native "Browser". The operating system is Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

The issue seems to pop up about half the time, and redirects to a page called luckytickets.org. It is a hard popup with nothing but an OK sign to force you to move forward.

#7 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,758 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Okay, thanks. Gonna be tough to troubleshoot this without an Android device but I'll see what I can find.