I was reading about the murder of 80's pitcher Pascual Perez. It referenced that he had received his MLB pension the previous day.
I had no idea that MLB had such a generous pension plan. A player only needs to be on a MLB roster for 43 days to receive a pension of $34,000 and typically a 10 year veteran can expect to receive around $185,000 a year for his pension. Also, if any player is on a MLB for 1 day, he receives lifetime health benefits.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Ouch, All Day Foundation Suspends Operations...
Today, 09:17 PM
- Governor Dayton Calls for Vikings to suspend Adrian Peterson
Today, 09:12 PM
- Play Action Pass Chalk Talk
Today, 08:59 PM
- An Open Letter to Zygi and Rick
Today, 08:20 PM
- Article: Can Matt Asiata Really Bear the Backup Burden?
Today, 07:57 PM
- Article: Time To Take A Stand
Today, 07:56 PM
1 reply to this topic