I was reading about the murder of 80's pitcher Pascual Perez. It referenced that he had received his MLB pension the previous day.
I had no idea that MLB had such a generous pension plan. A player only needs to be on a MLB roster for 43 days to receive a pension of $34,000 and typically a 10 year veteran can expect to receive around $185,000 a year for his pension. Also, if any player is on a MLB for 1 day, he receives lifetime health benefits.
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Today, 07:54 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 07:51 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:42 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Today, 05:58 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 17
Today, 10:43 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Today, 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 09:03 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
1 reply to this topic