I was reading about the murder of 80's pitcher Pascual Perez. It referenced that he had received his MLB pension the previous day.
I had no idea that MLB had such a generous pension plan. A player only needs to be on a MLB roster for 43 days to receive a pension of $34,000 and typically a 10 year veteran can expect to receive around $185,000 a year for his pension. Also, if any player is on a MLB for 1 day, he receives lifetime health benefits.
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Today, 06:13 AM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Yesterday, 09:57 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Yesterday, 09:00 PM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Yesterday, 08:52 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Next Year's Optimism, Playing Rookies and Draft Strategy
Yesterday, 07:24 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 16 Rankings
Yesterday, 02:16 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Dec 17 2014 05:17 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Dec 17 2014 12:30 PM
- Article: Big Week for Walsh
Dec 17 2014 11:28 AM
- Article: How Did the Vikings Change their Gameplan Against the Lions?
Dec 17 2014 11:26 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
1 reply to this topic