I was reading about the murder of 80's pitcher Pascual Perez. It referenced that he had received his MLB pension the previous day.
I had no idea that MLB had such a generous pension plan. A player only needs to be on a MLB roster for 43 days to receive a pension of $34,000 and typically a 10 year veteran can expect to receive around $185,000 a year for his pension. Also, if any player is on a MLB for 1 day, he receives lifetime health benefits.
- Article: Minnesota Vikings Christmas Returns
Today, 06:48 AM
- 2015 upgrades
Today, 06:38 AM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Today, 06:28 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 06:07 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings preview: Playing for Purple Pride and Jobs
Today, 03:27 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 07:44 PM
- Article: Ponder Era Ending
Yesterday, 02:57 PM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Yesterday, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Dec 26 2014 07:51 PM
- Article: What's Happened to Zimmer’s Defense?
Dec 26 2014 01:29 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
1 reply to this topic