I was reading about the murder of 80's pitcher Pascual Perez. It referenced that he had received his MLB pension the previous day.
I had no idea that MLB had such a generous pension plan. A player only needs to be on a MLB roster for 43 days to receive a pension of $34,000 and typically a 10 year veteran can expect to receive around $185,000 a year for his pension. Also, if any player is on a MLB for 1 day, he receives lifetime health benefits.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Packers' coach Mike McCarthy on the Vikings
Today, 02:54 PM
- Vikings Week 5 Injury Report
Today, 01:14 PM
- Grantland: Keep It Simple, Teddy
Today, 01:07 PM
- Green Cheese: What we know about it
Today, 11:16 AM
- Article: Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
Today, 10:57 AM
- Rookie Quarterback Comparison
Today, 10:30 AM
- Vikings Journal Mailbag: Teddy, Patterson and Hodges
- Third-Down Defense a Big Problem
- Assessing the Offensive Weapons for Teddy and Why it Doesn't Matter
- Vikings Offensive Review: Teddy Shines and the Offense Follows
- THE BIG QUESTION: Will Teddy Be Ready for Thursday?
- The Vikings Offense Returns Versus The Falcons
1 reply to this topic