I was reading about the murder of 80's pitcher Pascual Perez. It referenced that he had received his MLB pension the previous day.
I had no idea that MLB had such a generous pension plan. A player only needs to be on a MLB roster for 43 days to receive a pension of $34,000 and typically a 10 year veteran can expect to receive around $185,000 a year for his pension. Also, if any player is on a MLB for 1 day, he receives lifetime health benefits.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: The Time is Now.
Today, 02:42 PM
- What does Cassel need to do to lose/keep his job?
Today, 02:32 PM
- Article: The Hits Just Keep On Coming
Today, 02:28 PM
- Article: Vikings-Saints Preview - Battling A Strong Brees
Today, 11:35 AM
- Read: The Worst Kind Of Adrian Peterson Article
Today, 10:46 AM
- Article: Munnerlyn Comes To The Defense Of Peterson
Today, 09:26 AM
1 reply to this topic