Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twinsfest questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:10 AM

I am thinking about attending Twinsfest and had a couple of questions I hope could be answered:

1. Do you have to pay for autographs?
2. Does each player have their own line for autographs or do you just go down the line at a table?
3. Are backpacks allowed?
  • nclahammer likes this

#2 Twins33

Twins33

• 554 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

Yes, the majority of the autographs you have to pay for. I think the typical price is $5-40. May go higher than that, but I can’t remember. There are usually a couple free tables, but way less than there used to be. 

You are paying for the entire table, not for each individual player. So if it’s $20, that’s the total for that table...not per player. They’ve been extremely slow at putting the prices on the website the last few years. Think they’ve typically waited until Wednesday or Thursday to post it. Keep checking the Link: https://www.mlb.com/...unity/twinsfest

This is what they say about bags: Bag Policy: *We will allow multi-compartment bags at TwinsFest with a standard bag search upon entry. Bats, bat cases, and poster size prints will be allowed to be brought into the event.

so seems like backpacks would be okay for Twinsfest. 

#3 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,530 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

Yes. you pay for each autograph station. They have been more policing on trying to limit players to one autograph. Looks like there will be further reduced stations (from a high of 8 to maybe just 4) for the two-day event. Expect the cost of theline might jump a bit, too. The downside is that players can only sign for a certain amount of time.

Expect it to be real busy Friday (as there is no Sunday event). 

Watch the Twins site for updates.

Anotehr cold wnter caravan tour weeks.

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#4 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 510 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:45 PM

Charging for autos is lame.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:40 PM

It's a fundraiser. 

Also, too many of the people aren't there to just get autographs for their kids. Instead they are there to get them and then take them elsewhere and sell them (maybe even on ebay or somewhere). 

• SQUIRREL, Twins33 and 70charger like this

#6 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,530 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:10 AM

Used as a fund-raiser for the Twins community fund.

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#7 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• 3,120 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:15 AM

It's a fundraiser. 

Also, too many of the people aren't there to just get autographs for their kids. Instead they are there to get them and then take them elsewhere and sell them (maybe even on ebay or somewhere). 

I'd like to meet the guy that thinks he can get money for a Cole Devries autograph.

• Seth Stohs and akmanak like this

#8 70charger

70charger

• 4,419 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

I'd like to meet the guy that thinks he can get money for a Cole Devries autograph.

What, like I'm going put money into a 401k?