- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 09:06 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 08:58 AM
- Article: Ponder Era Ending
Today, 01:03 AM
- Troy Williamson > Patterson
Yesterday, 09:09 PM
- 2015 upgrades
Yesterday, 03:59 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Yesterday, 07:49 AM
- Article: Minnesota Vikings Christmas Returns
Yesterday, 06:48 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings preview: Playing for Purple Pride and Jobs
Yesterday, 03:27 AM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Dec 27 2014 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Dec 26 2014 07:51 PM
- Recap: Defense Rebounds With Backup Stars, Teddy Succeeds Without Help
- The 5 Minute Major 12/28/14
- The Dearly Departed
- Wild Trivia: New Years Edition – Blue Jackets, Maple Leafs, Stars, World Juniors, Winter Classic
- Vikings Finish on a High Note and With a Lower Draft Pick
- MN Wild Sixer: the Wild Will Not Make The Playoffs
Matt Lindstrom in the Pen?
Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:05 AM
Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:38 PM
Perkins is irrelevant to the conversation, his contract is covering his arbitration years, thus he's getting paid less then market value. Lindstrom is not.
He made 3.6 million last year. DBacks said he wasn't worth 4. per year. If there was no interest and his price fell to under 2 the Twins would look. Perkins makes 2.5. The Twins are not going to sign someone more expensive in the pen.
What kind of inflation in the RP market are we looking at if Brandon League is commanding 3/22 before even hitting FA? I think this sort of production can be Rule 5'd or picked off waivers.
Because Ned Colletti never overpays for relief help! Also, the Jon Papelbon contract was completely indicative of the RP market last fall.
Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:20 PM
I'll make a request about threads like these to the community, because often administrators can't get to a thread like thie earlier enough. When talking about a specific player, it would be great if one of the first posts would be a little bio or summary of the player.
It could just be a paragraph that says how old he is, what hand he pitches (or bats), what his pertinent stats were last year, and any background info about his career, health, etc. Anyone want to take a shot like that with this? It might make reading these threads a lot easier to mor casual fans.
Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:57 PM