Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

More Bad News for the Yankees - Domingo German

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MMMordabito

MMMordabito

Fort Walton Beach Jets

• 1,284 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

https://www.mlbtrade...suspension.html

Keep it coming!

81 Game suspension.

• ewen21 likes this

#2 beckmt

beckmt

• 2,589 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:53 PM

Yankees looked like they planned for this.Otherwise they would be pushing much harder to trade Happ.Seems like what I saw the suspension will be for more than a month.That is not that long.

#3 Ben Noble

Ben Noble

• 210 posts
  • LocationPowderhorn Park

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

Very sad situation.

That said, I respect the record length of the suspension sans formal criminal charges, and that at least to this point the MLBPA hasn't fought the league on punishing one of its players in such a clear-cut incident.

I honestly think they should've suspended him longer. And I wish there were more of a focus on counseling, therapy and education for both perpetrators and victims alike, because these sorts of things don't happen in a vacuum. But at least this is a step in the right direction.

• SQUIRREL and USAFChief like this

#4 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,764 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

Very sad situation.

That said, I respect the record length of the suspension sans formal criminal charges, and that at least to this point the MLBPA hasn't fought the league on punishing one of its players in such a clear-cut incident.

I honestly think they should've suspended him longer. And I wish there were more of a focus on counseling, therapy and education for both perpetrators and victims alike, because these sorts of things don't happen in a vacuum. But at least this is a step in the right direction.

Concur. Kudos to both MLB and the MLBPA for having a strong, enforceable policy in place.

• SQUIRREL and Blake like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.