Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: 10 Years at Target Field: The Best Moments of the Decade

joe mauer eddie rosario byron buxton brian dozier glen perkins
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,301 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

My brother and I went to that game... Got on FSN, eating nachos... I also remember being outside, waiting for the gates to open. It was absolutely pouring... we wondered if the game would even be played only to get to watch the tarp come off the infield (to a standing ovation) and how amazing the drainage system was. Great game. Remember the standing, loud ovations that Jacque Jones got in those games? That was awesome!

I was also at the Gophers/Louisiana Tech game a few weeks earlier. My brother and I walked around the stadium, watching half-innings at a time from all over the stadium. 

I was at the first exhibition game against the Cardinals. That would be number one for me. Just the initial feeling of being inside and being among the first paying customers to enter that stadium as a huge moment for me. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

#22 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,267 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:15 PM

My brother and I went to that game... Got on FSN, eating nachos... I also remember being outside, waiting for the gates to open. It was absolutely pouring... we wondered if the game would even be played only to get to watch the tarp come off the infield (to a standing ovation) and how amazing the drainage system was. Great game. Remember the standing, loud ovations that Jacque Jones got in those games? That was awesome!

I was also at the Gophers/Louisiana Tech game a few weeks earlier. My brother and I walked around the stadium, watching half-innings at a time from all over the stadium.

Thanks for that. Yes, it was a rainy day and when we got in and things cleared up my friend Ronny said, “This place is Mecca”
(And in that moment it sure was)

Good call on Jacque. I have a friend who had a letter exchange with him and it was terse. I was a Jacque guy, though, and was happy to see him get in a game at Target. He was part of the nucleus that helped keep baseball in Minnesota and for that I respect him

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: joe mauer, eddie rosario, byron buxton, brian dozier, glen perkins