Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Lindor Trade

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 baul0010

baul0010

Elizabethton Twins

• 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:51 PM

I've read a couple articles noting the Dodgers would like to trade for Lindor.From what I read it sounds like it would be Lux, May, maybe even Seager.With a couple years of team control and the Dodgers unwillingness to give out long term deals, this seems like a steep price.  

After watching Lindor beat up the twins for the last 3 to 4 years I want the Twins to throw their hat into the ring.Lindor is one of my favorite non-twin players to watch.I understand the Indians would not want to deal within the division... Unless they are blown away.  

I would not hold back and would be willing to offer a package the exceeded the Dodgers.If the Indians wanted Royce Lewis, Kiriloff, and Graterol I would pull the switch. If the Indians wanted more Major league talent I'd consider Buxton instead of Lewis.A trade for Lindor is going to hurt any franchises talent pool.

I would only consider this if Lindor would agree to a contract extension.Sign me up if Lindor would take 10 years and 300 mil of the Pohlad's money!

The front office has done a great job stocking talent.As much as the trade would hurt, we'd still have Duran, Alcala, and Balazovic on the pitching side.There would still be Larnach, Rooker, and Cavaco as upside hitters as well.  

Please tell me why I'm nuts and this couldn't work!

• Oldgoat_MN and nclahammer like this

#2 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,375 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

I've read a couple articles noting the Dodgers would like to trade for Lindor.From what I read it sounds like it would be Lux, May, maybe even Seager.With a couple years of team control and the Dodgers unwillingness to give out long term deals, this seems like a steep price.  

After watching Lindor beat up the twins for the last 3 to 4 years I want the Twins to throw their hat into the ring.Lindor is one of my favorite non-twin players to watch.I understand the Indians would not want to deal within the division... Unless they are blown away.  

I would not hold back and would be willing to offer a package the exceeded the Dodgers.If the Indians wanted Royce Lewis, Kiriloff, and Graterol I would pull the switch. If the Indians wanted more Major league talent I'd consider Buxton instead of Lewis.A trade for Lindor is going to hurt any franchises talent pool.

I would only consider this if Lindor would agree to a contract extension.Sign me up if Lindor would take 10 years and 300 mil of the Pohlad's money!

The front office has done a great job stocking talent.As much as the trade would hurt, we'd still have Duran, Alcala, and Balazovic on the pitching side.There would still be Larnach, Rooker, and Cavaco as upside hitters as well.  

Please tell me why I'm nuts and this couldn't work!

You're nuts. This won't work. The Twins would be giving up 3 probable starters and potential all stars for 1 all star. The Twins best ML pitching prospect, the Twins best IF prospect (SS) and the Twins best OF prospect.

• birdwatcher, Minfidel, PDX Twin and 1 other like this

#3 drivlikejehu

drivlikejehu

• 2,167 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:58 PM

Actually the impossible part is the extension, not the prospects.

• gunnarthor, Dman, tarheeltwinsfan and 2 others like this

If you ain't got no haters, you ain't poppin'.

#4 baul0010

baul0010

Elizabethton Twins

• 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

I think that too.But you said it.POTENTIAL all starts.For AN all-star.Who maybe on a hall of fame trajectory. 

Major league baseball is full of prospects with all star potential that don't work out.The likelihood all three develop into all-stars is probably very slim.

• alphanumeric likes this

#5 baul0010

baul0010

Elizabethton Twins

• 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

Actually the impossible part is the extension, not the prospects.

Because the Twins wouldn't do it?Or because it's not possible?

#6 cmoss84

cmoss84

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 518 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

Throw those same prospects out there to Colorado. Arenado. 7 years.
  • alphanumeric, Tomj14 and LoveMyPug like this

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#7 baul0010

baul0010

Elizabethton Twins

• 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

Throw those same prospects out there to Colorado. Arenado. 7 years.

I like that too.I think both those players are amazing.

#8 cardsfan

cardsfan

Ft Myers Miracle

• 329 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:05 PM

Arenado can opt out in 2 years.

#9 TopGunn#22

TopGunn#22

• 135 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:16 PM

Maybe he's not Lindor, but if you could get Trevor Story that would be HUGE.How many more year's would we have Story ?If the Rockies are willing to "listen" on Arenado, they would certainly be willing to listen onStory.Move Sano to 1B, Polanco to 2B and Arraezto 3B.Your infield defense just got a LOT better with Story at SS (because honestly, unless you improve your SS defense in the infield, you're not really improving your IF defense) and the lineup just got a LOT better.You could acquire Story for less than it would take to get Lindor.What do you guys think we'd have to give up ??

• Oldgoat_MN and tarheeltwinsfan like this

#10 spycake

spycake

• 17,445 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Maybe he's not Lindor, but if you could get Trevor Story that would be HUGE. How many more year's would we have Story ?

Story has 2 years club control left. He will probably earn around $25 mil in arbitration in that time.

#11 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• 4,394 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:31 PM

Maybe he's not Lindor, but if you could get Trevor Story that would be HUGE.How many more year's would we have Story ?If the Rockies are willing to "listen" on Arenado, they would certainly be willing to listen onStory.Move Sano to 1B, Polanco to 2B and Arraezto 3B.Your infield defense just got a LOT better with Story at SS (because honestly, unless you improve your SS defense in the infield, you're not really improving your IF defense) and the lineup just got a LOT better.You could acquire Story for less than it would take to get Lindor.What do you guys think we'd have to give up ??

Given how often the shift is on, I wonder if 3B defense isn't the bigger opportunity.

• tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#12 AZTwin

AZTwin

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,050 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

Maybe he's not Lindor, but if you could get Trevor Story that would be HUGE. How many more year's would we have Story ? If the Rockies are willing to "listen" on Arenado, they would certainly be willing to listen on Story. Move Sano to 1B, Polanco to 2B and Arraez to 3B. Your infield defense just got a LOT better with Story at SS (because honestly, unless you improve your SS defense in the infield, you're not really improving your IF defense) and the lineup just got a LOT better. You could acquire Story for less than it would take to get Lindor. What do you guys think we'd have to give up ??

Trevor Story - Id give them Alex Kirilloff (top 20 prospect in all of baseball), Nick Gordon (pretty safe bet), Gilberto Celestino (high upside player). May need to throw in a pitcher with some upside like Cole Sands or Chris Valimount
  • tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#13 old nurse

old nurse

• 3,933 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

If the trade was Lindor for Lux and May as the centerpieces the trade would be done. The hold might be the Dodgers wanting to send a bad contract with the players.

• Riverbrian likes this

#14 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,654 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

Trevor Story - Id give them Alex Kirilloff (top 20 prospect in all of baseball), Nick Gordon (pretty safe bet), Gilberto Celestino (high upside player). May need to throw in a pitcher with some upside like Cole Sands or Chris Valimount

you need to throw in St Paul.

That's a laughable offer.

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#15 cmoss84

cmoss84

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 518 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

Arenado can opt out in 2 years.

Fairly certain I read somewhere a year can be added to his contract if he waives his no trade clause and it would make his opt out disappear. Trick would be getting him to waive it and want to play in mn.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#16 Rigby

Rigby

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 152 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

I would prefer to give them St. Joan. She has a burning desire to get out of town.

• Mike Sixel, Oldgoat_MN and tarheeltwinsfan like this

#17 spycake

spycake

• 17,445 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:05 PM

Actually it's not too bad. Remember, Story is only controlled 2 more years, and not that cheaply (although not that bad compared to FA prices, ~$25 mil total). baseballtradevalues.com has Kirilloff and Story as pretty close in median future value.

But he has been a ~6 WAR player the past 2 years, so close to equal value may not incentivize the Rockies to actually deal him. They might want Lewis instead of Kirilloff, or better second pieces (like one of our top pitching prospects).

#18 akmanak

akmanak

Ft Myers Miracle

• 474 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:11 PM

Only ring the Twins are going to throw is the ones they bring to the pawn shop to use for their slush fund.
  • Tomj14 likes this

#19 sweetmusicviola16

sweetmusicviola16

Ft Myers Miracle

• 458 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:16 PM

Unless the Tribe is blew away by an offer for Lindor he's staying. Kluber was their salary dump. They don't need to shed more payroll so I'd suspect that Lindor stays in Cleveland.

#20 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• 1,085 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:38 PM

I was pondering this the other day as I question whether Polanco can stay at SS. Picking up a SS at the level of Lindor or Story would be great so that we could move Jorge to 2B. I started with thinking of trades involving Arraez and a couple of prospects, but then started wondering if Polanco's contract as a cost-effective SS might be appealing to both Cle and Col.Might they be able to structure a trade for one of them around Polanco and a couple of prospects not named Lewis, Kirilloff and Graterol?Both Story and Lindor are only controlled for another 2 years whereas Polanco can be controlled thru 2025.

• Otwins likes this