Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Nick Blackburn had elbow surgery

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Hydraulic Choppers

• Members
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Wow. I started the snark, but I expected a little bit of positivity from someone. He wouldn't be the first sinkerballer who fell off a cliff due to not finishing off his pitches well, due to a little junk in his elbow. That's connecting the dots a little bit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is back to being above replacement level in 2013.

The same people will snark about the Twins being idiots for letting Blackburn go if he pitches well elsewhere.

If Nick Blackburn catches on with another team and turns his career around, I promise I won't rip the Twins for losing him in that unlikely scenario.

#22 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Wow. I started the snark, but I expected a little bit of positivity from someone. He wouldn't be the first sinkerballer who fell off a cliff due to not finishing off his pitches well, due to a little junk in his elbow. That's connecting the dots a little bit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is back to being above replacement level in 2013.

The same people will snark about the Twins being idiots for letting Blackburn go if he pitches well elsewhere.

No true,at least for me. If he pitches well somewhere else so be it, right now there is simply no good reason for the Twins to believe that will happen and very little chance it does.

#23 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

They should perform the same procedure that was performed on that kid in the movie "Rookie of the Year"

or cranial rectal inversion surgery, to remove his head from his ...

#24 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I already have a rough draft started, blasting the Twins for the way they handled Blackburn. I plan to publish it on this site next May or June when he is 5-2 with an ERA around 3.5 for some national league team.:P