Per Joe Christensen, the Twins have turned down Baker's $9.25M option.
It's not a surprise that they turned it down, of course, but it does raise the question of whether it is a signal that the talks have reached an impasse. It appears there was not financial incentive to not reach this deal, as there was no buyout associated with the contract.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: Can Matt Asiata Really Bear the Backup Burden?
Today, 11:44 AM
- Governor Dayton Calls for Vikings to suspend Adrian Peterson
Today, 11:29 AM
- Radisson Hotels Suspends Relationship with the Vikings
Today, 11:22 AM
- What's the Deal with Matt Kalil?
Today, 10:28 AM
- An Open Letter to Zygi and Rick
Today, 10:27 AM
- WATCH: Keith Olbermann Takes On Adrian Peterson
Today, 10:26 AM
Twins Decline Baker's option
2 replies to this topic