Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Spring Training Travel

spring training fort myers
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ghostrunner

ghostrunner

Elizabethton Twins

• 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

Long time consumer of Twins Daily looking at a trip with my 12yo stathead to a few games in Fort Myers over spring break. I've been before and know about some of the good generic resources but curious about Twins Daily favorites. I'm not able to find much in the archives, am I just missing something?

#2 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:39 PM

What specifically are you looking for? What else to do in the area? Getting around? Restaurants? What to do at the stadium? When to go? 

If you do an advanced search, and put 'Spring Training' in the search field, and in titles only, and search in the Twins Talk forum, you will get lots of hits. Some may or may not be relevant to what you are looking for, but I don't know how to narrow the search parameters any more than that.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#3 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,850 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

What specifically are you looking for? What else to do in the area? Getting around? Restaurants? What to do at the stadium? When to go? 

If you do an advanced search, and put 'Spring Training' in the search field, and in titles only, and search in the Twins Talk forum, you will get lots of hits. Some may or may not be relevant to what you are looking for, but I don't know how to narrow the search parameters any more than that.

So, as the Target Field Squirrel, are you implying that you have been to Fort Meyers and know something about Spring Training? How did you manage the travel? Where do YOU go when your there? Is it all about the peanuts?

#4 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

So, as the Target Field Squirrel, are you implying that you have been to Fort Meyers and know something about Spring Training? How did you manage the travel? Where do YOU go when your there? Is it all about the peanuts?

Yes!

• goulik likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#5 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

But seriously, do you want to know? My Mom lives in S Fort Myers so I'm down there often, and have been to ST for 19 consecutive years, plus a handful of other years. This coming year I might miss ... my schedule is pretty weird in March, so not sure if I'll make it there then.

• goulik likes this

#6 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,850 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

But seriously, do you want to know? My Mom lives in S Fort Myers so I'm down there often, and have been to ST for 19 consecutive years, plus a handful of other years. This coming year I might miss ... my schedule is pretty weird in March, so not sure if I'll make it there then.

You most assuredly could answer the questions on ST then. I’ve only been there twice so I’ll let you and others answer this, but 19 times?! You’re an old Squirrel!!!

#7 nclahammer

nclahammer

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:17 AM

We were down to my first ST in 2017.I paid for the on the field batting practice with the Twins that they do before their home games. it's done through the Lee County Boys and Girls Club.About 20 of us got to be on the field for BP, Tony O, Mauer, and Sano all came over and signed for us.It cost $40 I think, but was a nice special treat and proceeds benefit the boys & girls club.

• Sconnie and ghostrunner like this

#8 ghostrunner

ghostrunner

Elizabethton Twins

• 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

Thanks!These are the kinds of things I'm interested in; Twins-specific goings on etc. outside of the games themselves.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spring training, fort myers