Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Looking Into 6 Twins-Related Steamer Projections for 2020

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 31,160 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:25 PM

Your comment had me wondering about playing time calculations and whether they had meaning or changed. I did some searching and reading on fangraphs and shared.

I apologize for quoting your post. I think too often a quote is taken as meaning a different point of view. I should have written without the quote.

It would be crazy not to want Garver to play more.

No issues. I still don't understand list year's playing time.... And am, therefore, concerned about next year's. So we agree!
  • JLease likes this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#22 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,456 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

There is little reason the Twins shouldn't be the same or better overall (current player-wise) in 2020. Everyone is still is sorta prime playing years. The ball may not bomb as far, so the Twins need to work on advancing that extra base. The bullpen looks pretty strong. Hopefully money spent will replicate the rotation which started the majority of the season games with just five arms in 2019. Arraz will have a bit less pop than Schoop, but a full season from any numebr of players or positions might help offset that. Do the Twins need speed on the bases? Is fielding still an issue? Can they WIN in Target Field? Those are the questions I see in 2020.

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#23 railmarshalljon

railmarshalljon

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 50 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:44 PM

I have no way to challenge Steamer, but I am not a Raley fan and I hope Kiriloff and Larnach take any ABs that he would have and that he is part of a trade! 

Blankenhorn is only if Sano is injured - I sure hope not.Sano is more of a 40+ HR hitter to me.He is not limited by the juiced ball like Polanco and others are.

If Garver is only 96 games he has regressed. If this projection is true Jeffers will have a lot more than 1 AB.

I want Buxton to steal 50!I know I am retro.I also believe in Arraez and he will hit the doubles that bring his OPS up. 

Finally, my most controversial stance - I am not as big on Kepler as many are - so I will say that Rosario will have more WAR that Max - take your shots!!!

Barring injury, I'll gladly take that bet.

And I'm cool with Buxton stealing 50 bases provided he has enough of those opportunities that make sense. If it take him 80 attempts to get there I'm less thrilled.

You can't change the past, but you can still ruin your future.

#24 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,289 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:32 PM

I don't think Steamer is very accurate. Just saying.

#25 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 31,160 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:11 AM

I don't think Steamer is very accurate. Just saying.

What is?
  • tarheeltwinsfan likes this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins.