Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Gaming!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,266 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

I used to game A LOT (like, literally, I wrote for pretty big gaming sites before I did... all of this).

While I still dabble in gaming (I play maybe 4-5 games a year now), my wife just bought me an Oculus Quest.

I've played VR before, several of my friends own systems.

But... Moss. Holy hell, never before have I seen something that so just... enraptured me. Being able to both control a character and play a god-like role to help the character is just so perfect.

It's so good!

So, let's talk about gaming and anything you're into right now.

#2 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 31,599 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

Do board games count?

Odin's Ravens.... Jaipur.... Seven Wonders Duel.... Carcassonne.

iPad games.... Carcassonne... Seven Wonders...Ticket to Ride

I occasionally play old school DnD video games.
  • Sconnie likes this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#3 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,474 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:03 PM

My favorite iPad games, The Room series, by Fireproof Games ... their next release will be a VR game. Their iPad games have been award winners, I hope their VR release will be as well.
  • Brock Beauchamp and Mike Sixel like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#4 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• 3,869 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:13 PM

I've been mostly getting my gaming fix with clash of clans and chess. We are getting the kids an xbox one x for Christmas, so I'm sure that will change soon.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#5 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

I like the Room too! Similar is What Remains of Edith Finch. Fantastic game.

On PS4 I’ve been playing Fortnite heavily. Lots of fun!

I have been replaying The Last of Us, it’s probably my favorite game ever and I’m very excited for The Last of Us part 2 ETA May 2020.

#6 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

I enjoyed Outer Worlds recently, done by the original authors of Fallout 1 & 2.Cheesy, charm, and lots of choice throughout.Also picked up the new Star Wars, Force Unleashed, it's like Tomb Raider in Star Wars universe with some Dead Souls combat; I find it a bit shallow, not sure I'll finish.

• Sconnie likes this

#7 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,266 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:01 PM

I enjoyed Outer Worlds recently, done by the original authors of Fallout 1 & 2.Cheesy, charm, and lots of choice throughout.Also picked up the new Star Wars, Force Unleashed, it's like Tomb Raider in Star Wars universe with some Dead Souls combat; I find it a bit shallow, not sure I'll finish.

I'm also playing Fallen Order. The first few hours were pretty disappointing but slowly over time, the game improved enough where I'm actually enjoying it now. I'm on the fourth planet, I think?

#8 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:32 PM

What are your platform/consoles?
I’ve seen a couple iPad users.

I like my PS4, but not sure $500 or more for the next generation next year makes sense for me. I might pony up the bucks anyways...

Has anyone tried Google Stadia? I like the price point, but I am highly suspect of google...

#9 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:51 PM

I'm also playing Fallen Order. The first few hours were pretty disappointing but slowly over time, the game improved enough where I'm actually enjoying it now. I'm on the fourth planet, I think?

Thanks, good to know.I'll give it another chance.(And sorry to all for butchering the title).

#10 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,266 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

Thanks, good to know.I'll give it another chance.(And sorry to all for butchering the title).

Force Unleashed was also a SW game back in the day so it's not hard to confuse the two.

#11 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,266 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:58 PM

I like my PS4, but not sure $500 or more for the next generation next year makes sense for me. I might pony up the bucks anyways...

Has anyone tried Google Stadia? I like the price point, but I am highly suspect of google...

I own an Xbox One (because Elite Controller is literally the best controller ever made), a Switch (which I use the most, actually), and now an Oculus Quest.

If I had more free time, I'd play the Xbox a lot more because I like fast-paced twitch-style gaming. The Switch is worth it for the first party Nintendo titles, which are always stellar. The Oculus Quest is an experience you won't touch with any other non-VR product.

Google Stadia is getting butchered by reviewers upon release. I have zero interest in it at this point.

• Sconnie likes this

#12 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

I own an Xbox One (because Elite Controller is literally the best controller ever made), a Switch (which I use the most, actually), and now an Oculus Quest.

If I had more free time, I'd play the Xbox a lot more because I like fast-paced twitch-style gaming. The Switch is worth it for the first party Nintendo titles, which are always stellar. The Oculus Quest is an experience you won't touch with any other non-VR product.

Google Stadia is getting butchered by reviewers upon release. I have zero interest in it at this point.

I liked my original Xbox back in the day. With the next gen I will definitely give it a shot (if I get back in to the console market).

I went back to PS2 because I liked the Sony exclusives better than Xbox. Outside of The Last of Us, I never play Sony exclusives.

I’m a bit picky on my controller layout. In PS you rely on the software developers, not the controller firmware. That alone might be what gets me to switch back to Xbox.

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t thought of the customization of the controller before. Good tip!

#13 mini_tb

mini_tb

• 70 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:20 PM

Good to know Fallen Order gets better. I got to the Jedi Temple thing on the second world, and it's been pretty lackluster so far.

Any Wreckfest players out there?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

#14 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Pitch-to-contact poster

• Twins News Team
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

Good to know Fallen Order gets better. I got to the Jedi Temple thing on the second world, and it's been pretty lackluster so far.

Any Wreckfest players out there?

I ended up finishing it.After a minute, you begin unlocking force powers at a quicker rate.

#15 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Getting Ready to Show Up to ST in the Best Shape of My Life!

• 13,333 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:54 AM

I have a PS4 as well. I don’t think I’ll be an early adopter of the PS5 or new Xbox this time... I used to have more time to game, but these days I’m lucky to get a couple hours of free time during the week to play.

As far as type of video games I play, it’s role play/campaign mode games, or sports games. Red Dead Redemption 2 has been the role play game of choice lately... The first person shooter games have advanced beyond my skill set. Especially online multiplayer games like Call of Duty. The 10 year olds ate my lunch the last time I played that at a friend’s house.
  • PseudoSABR and Sconnie like this

#16 Sconnie

Sconnie

Wooo!

• 5,699 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:45 AM

I have a PS4 as well. I don’t think I’ll be an early adopter of the PS5 or new Xbox this time... I used to have more time to game, but these days I’m lucky to get a couple hours of free time during the week to play.

As far as type of video games I play, it’s role play/campaign mode games, or sports games. Red Dead Redemption 2 has been the role play game of choice lately... The first person shooter games have advanced beyond my skill set. Especially online multiplayer games like Call of Duty. The 10 year olds ate my lunch the last time I played that at a friend’s house.

the 10 year olds wipe the floor with me in COD, but I can pull off a win on occasion in Fortnite. Battlefield 1 is my first person shooter of choice. Loads of fun and strategy.

I’ve been meaning to pick up Red Dead Redemption 2. I liked the first a lot. I haven’t had a ton of time to play either.
  • Vanimal46 likes this

#17 akmanak

akmanak

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 505 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:15 AM

PS4 here. I only play sports so I am not sure if I am going to get the ps5 right away.
  • Sconnie likes this