Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

I'm very Thankful!

thanksgiving twins high carb foods
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 twinssporto

twinssporto

Don't try pitching around me!

• 2,121 posts
  • LocationTonka

Posted 27 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

featured-turkey-adobo-with-mojo-de-ajo-0

I just wanted to reach out into the Twins Daily cyber space to say thank you for a great 2019 season! From the Game Threads to the excellent articles, blogs and forums what a fun year. 2020 is only going to get better! The window is open and I only see success ahead.

I also wanted to find out menus for the big feast ahead tomorrow.  I'll be preparing 3 turkeys...One will be smoked, fried and roasted in the oven. Garlic mashed potatoes followed with pecan roasted sweet potatoes. Green bean casserole for the traditionalists, oyster stuffing (not cooked in the bird as it drys the carcass out), scalloped corn, roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon and olive oil, stuffed artichokes, homemade rolls, brown gravy and 5 different pies (pumpkin, apple, french silk, banana cream, pecan).  A few cases of wine too...

Happy Thanksgiving! We've got a lot to be thankful for in 2019 and a lot to look forward to in 2020!

Cheers,

Twinssporto

• SQUIRREL, ashbury, Seth Stohs and 9 others like this
On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

#2 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,882 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

Thankful for so much in my life, but being a life long Twins follower and fanatic, I include TD, and all the contributors here amongst the things I am grateful for. Surely, one of the top team sites available anywhere!

A smaller and not quite as fancy spread at my place, but Turkey, ham, sweet spuds, cheesey hashbrowns, brocolli and cheese, corn, apple and pecan pie and some Stella to help was it down.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL and Bless!
  • ashbury, Sconnie, twinssporto and 2 others like this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#3 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 5,491 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:13 PM

I too am thankful for all of you. We are very lucky to have such great authors, bloggers and owners, but it’s the posters that make this place so special for me.

My bride is the chef in my house, excited for roasted turkey, twice baked potato casserole, butternut squash purée, spinach gratin, and fresh cranberries
  • ashbury, DocBauer, twinssporto and 2 others like this

#4 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,067 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

I’m going to a friend’s place tomorrow for chicken curry. They said not to bring anything, but I can’t show up empty-handed. So I’ll bring a bottle of wine for her, something non-alcoholic for him, and homemade dog biscuits for their dog. :)
  • ashbury, Sconnie, DocBauer and 4 others like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#5 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,882 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

I’m going to a friend’s place tomorrow for chicken curry. They said not to bring anything, but I can’t show up empty-handed. So I’ll bring a bottle of wine for her, something non-alcoholic for him, and homemade dog biscuits for their dog. :)

Sorry Carol, but the dog is the most important person. Kudos to you! You get it girl! :)
  • operation mindcrime likes this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#6 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,067 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:17 PM

Sorry Carol, but the dog is the most important person. Kudos to you! You get it girl! :)

My first time baking dog biscuits. They don’t smell good ... lol
  • Sconnie, DocBauer, twinssporto and 2 others like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#7 operation mindcrime

operation mindcrime

Minnesota Twins

• 3,274 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!! Go Twins!!!!! \m/
  • Sconnie and DocBauer like this

#8 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 9,290 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:50 AM

I have much to be thankful for, as well. We waited for the weather to clear and drove to my daughter’s bringing goodies, sweet corn and wine. Looking forward to a Thanksgiving weekend of food, football and family.
  • Sconnie, DocBauer and operation mindcrime like this

#9 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,440 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:02 AM

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Sconnie, DocBauer, Platoon and 1 other like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#10 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrator
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:03 AM

Thank you to everyone who contributes to and supports Twins Daily! Have a great Thanksgiving everybody!

• Sconnie, Wyorev, DocBauer and 2 others like this

Find me on Twitter @TFTwins and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#11 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,850 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:28 PM

Thankful for opportunity to watch players like Puckett, Hrbek, Viola, Blyleven, Radke, Hunter, Santana, Koskie, Cuddyer, Mauer, Morneau and all these young guns vying to grab my love next.

Thankful for 2 World Series rings and looking forward to the next one.

Thankful for TD owners for starting this addictive site, all the various moderators for keeping it great and all the regular members posting their various opinions and insights.

Turkey, Potatoes, Stuffing, and Pie
  • Sconnie and operation mindcrime like this

#12 Thegrin

Thegrin

• 1,063 posts
  • LocationRipon, CA

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:35 PM

I am thankful to God for the many blessings that we receive.About midsummer I decided that this was the most fun the Twins had given us in years.I am thankful for that, despite how it ended. It was a wonderful summer of baseball.:)

• goulik, Sconnie and operation mindcrime like this

#13 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• 5,141 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:19 PM

This was a transitio year. My wife, after years of being completely in charge of most holiday meals, wanted some of her "authority" delegated. I notified the kids the gig was up, and they better coordinate a replacement plan. It looked at first like an unmitigated disaster, but actually turned out quite well. So for that everyone is thankful. As for day to day, I am thankful for family, friends, and luck. And of course TD. Happy Turkey Day!
  • ashbury, Sconnie and operation mindcrime like this
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#14 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,397 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

We had the regulars — turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad, rolls, etc.

But let’s be honest. That was all just warm-up for my wife’s pumpkin pie.
  • Sconnie and operation mindcrime like this

#15 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,015 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

Thankful for family, friends, and another holiday season. It was a great year for the Twins and even though my family and I live in Cali, we made it back to Minnesota this summer. During our stay, my son, a 9 year old, attended one of the Minnesota Twins camps. We went to two Twins games, one against the Mets and the second against the A's, where Eddie hit one out to win the game. My son got a foul ball at both games. But he also won the skills competition at his camp and was invited back for the last home game of the year to do battle with all of the other camp champions. After the last home game of the year was over one in which he got another foul ball, he got to go down onto Target Field and compete with everyone in the skills competition. He took 3rd overall. This will be a season that he, who was born in California, will never forget and I'm pretty sure with all of the choices for teams to follow out here he is now, for sure, a life long Twins fan!!! I'm also thankful for that!
  • goulik, Sconnie and operation mindcrime like this

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#16 Melissa

Melissa

Elizabethton Twins

• 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:49 AM

I too am thankful for this site and for the amazing 2019 Twins season. I ended up going to six games, including one with my fiancé (the 11-inning loss to the Yankees, ending with Hicks's gravity-defying catch).

I sent Thanksgiving with my fiancé's family. We had a traditional feast of turkey, ham, cranberries, mashed and sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole. Lots of treats for the dogs, too, but none homemade!

Thank you, everybody!

• SQUIRREL, Sconnie and operation mindcrime like this

#17 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,552 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

My first time baking dog biscuits. They don’t smell good ... lol

Your nose is not the target nose.

#18 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 2,552 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:01 PM

Thankful for opportunity to watch players like Puckett, Hrbek, Viola, Blyleven, Radke, Hunter, Santana, Koskie, Cuddyer, Mauer, Morneau and all these young guns vying to grab my love next.

Harmon, Tony O., Allison, Carew, Battey, Kaat, Ric Aalbert, Camilo, Mudcat, don't forget Glenn Adams (I saw the 8-RBI game), and many many more.

• goulik likes this

#19 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,850 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:31 PM

Harmon, Tony O., Allison, Carew, Battey, Kaat, Ric Aalbert, Camilo, Mudcat, don't forget Glenn Adams (I saw the 8-RBI game), and many many more.

Unfortunately I was a young kid and disinterested in baseball when Olivia and Carew were around and the meat of Blylevens career, but I blame my parents for not being born soon enough for the 60s teams

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thanksgiving, twins, high carb foods