- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Yesterday, 05:17 PM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:05 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Yesterday, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Yesterday, 11:16 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Yesterday, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Nov 22 2014 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Nov 22 2014 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Nov 21 2014 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Nov 21 2014 03:08 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Nov 21 2014 11:31 AM
Mackey: Twins may make another move for Mark Buehrle
Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:32 PM
1500espn's Phil Mackey writes that the Twins may take another stab at LHP Mark Buehrle this offseason. He has a couple of years left on the free agent contract he signed with the Miami Marlins last offseason, and I would think that the Twins would insist that the Marlins pick up some of the contract. And then it would be a matter of which prospect(s) the Twins would have to give up as well. Left-handed. He's been a given for 200 innings for years.
What do you think?
Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:52 PM
And it's not like Buehrle can't strike people out. He had 125 K's last year. Not exactly an eye-popping number, but it's more than any Twins pitcher had. Plus the fact that he doesn't win by overpowering people makes it a lot more likely that he's got a few good years left in him.
The Twins need guys who can pitch well enough to eat innings and give them a chance to win. Buehrle fits that bill. Plus in terms of a veteran to rub off on Diamond, Gibson and some of the other younger guys, you could do a lot worse than Mark Buehrle.
Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:54 AM
Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:41 AM
Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:53 AM
Take an opinion, a couple of loosely related facts, write it as a story. Nowhere does he state the Twins ARE interested in Buerhle, just that he thinks the might be. He gets paid for writing this? I would think the Twins might be interested in acquiring ANY pitcher they believe would help their team. That probably constitutes about 75% of the current starters in all of baseball.
Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:40 AM
Edited by Brandon, 29 October 2012 - 07:47 AM.
add a statement
Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:54 AM