Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Front Page: Running Down the Hall (of Fame Ballot): 2020 Edition

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Bill Brown69

Bill Brown69

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 216 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:47 AM

I don't have it right now but look at how many years the guy hitting behind Walker led the league in RBI.

He was an elite baserunner from an instinct point and was standing on second average of about 65 times a year.

#22 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,532 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

And it's disturbing that there is a voter that thinks that JJ Putz is a hall of Famer.

Maybe that person read “JJ” and though it said Jeter? That could be the explanation for Jeter’s missing vote, right? :-)

#23 biggentleben

biggentleben

• 4,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:01 PM

Intriguing point to consider is just how quickly Walker rose to the point of election from mediocre vote totals. Essentially, anyone writing off Andruw Jones from the Hall of Fame right now should reconsider if they're doing it based on his current vote percentage, because Walker was at a similar vote percentage 7 years into his candidacy that Jones is in his second year. (Others are around Jones' vote tally, it's just notable that they had nearly the same percentage this year as Walker's last year before his final ascent began to election)

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!

#24 Diesel

Diesel

Ft Myers Miracle

• 388 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

I’m guessing there won’t be too many Hall of Famers inducted in the next few years.

Beltre, Ichiro, and Sabathia are probably the only first ballot locks of currently retired players.
Ortiz and Beltran both will probably eventually be inducted, but they both have scandals that have tarnished their careers.
I doubt A-Rod ever gets elected, given his lengthy suspension. Chase Utley and Joe Mauer are both going to probably have to wait a while on the ballot. Scott Rolen and Omar Vizquel will eventually get in, while I feel Billy Wagner and Andruw Jones probably won’t make it in. I just hope there are no years without an inductee.