Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Who Could the Twins Trade this Offseason?

eddie rosario max kepler miguel sano byron buxton brusdar graterol
  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 tony&rodney

tony&rodney

Elizabethton Twins

• 37 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:56 AM

The consensus seems to be to trade money for pitching. There should be around $40-45 million available - so some combination of Cole plus a cheap alternative (J. Teheran) or two of Wheeler/Bumgarner/Ryu. There's your trade.

#42 howeda7

howeda7

• 1,841 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

I would prefer that myself. My concern would be is if Sano is ready for 1B yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ready". He might not be good over there, but he's not good at 3B either. He will do less damage at 1B IMO. He will probably DH by 2021. I suppose that's argument for leaving him at 3B and trying to gut out 1 more year. But even once he's DHing it would be good to have him split time at 1B.

Edited by howeda7, 22 November 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#43 howeda7

howeda7

• 1,841 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Keep our prospects. Sign Rendon at 3B and Cron at 1B. Trade Sano, Buxton, Rosario and Polonco for Pitching. Move Kepler to CF. Bring up Kirilloff and Larnach to play LF and RF and Lewis to play SS.

Pitching wins Championships. What did the HR record get us anyway. Not a Championship! The juiced ball will slowly go away and this team, the way it is, has a hard time manufacturing runs without the long ball. 

Trade Sano, Buxton Rosario and Polanco, eh? Wow.

• Mike Sixel and Major League Ready like this

#44 Rigby

Rigby

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 136 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

Trade Sano, Buxton Rosario and Polanco, eh? Wow.

I believe we've located Timothy Leary....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eddie rosario, max kepler, miguel sano, byron buxton, brusdar graterol