Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Outright Sam Dyson

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,470 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

I understand he may have cost a little more, but my point is I don't care. Quit hording multiple prospects and pony up. 

I will give this organization the off season to prove themselves. If it results in a stand pat or move backwards direction, I will be the first person in line to skewer the FO and ownership(not that I mean anything to anyone LOL :P ). This core needs supplementing in order to take the next step and be a postseason contender. It's time right now. Don't let a replay of the Santana/Hunter/M&M core replay itself. 

And if the price was Lewis or get lost?I think it says something that he wasn't traded at all.On top of that, would the Twins have beaten the Yankees with Smith on the roster? With the way things went, I would say no, probably not.Smith is now a free agent.Go get him.

#22 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Ft Myers Miracle

• 406 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:59 AM

And if the price was Lewis or get lost?I think it says something that he wasn't traded at all.On top of that, would the Twins have beaten the Yankees with Smith on the roster? With the way things went, I would say no, probably not.Smith is now a free agent.Go get him.

It wasn't though and you know it. That's the thing guys. Look what rental players and players in general get traded for. Generally, it is never anywhere near what the Twins media team reports as what was asked for from our club. 

I agree though, if that were truly what happened, he wouldn't have been worth Lewis. He's worth a shot now to add as another lefty in our bullpen though for sure. 

#23 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,470 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

It wasn't though and you know it. That's the thing guys. Look what rental players and players in general get traded for. Generally, it is never anywhere near what the Twins media team reports as what was asked for from our club. 

I agree though, if that were truly what happened, he wouldn't have been worth Lewis. He's worth a shot now to add as another lefty in our bullpen though for sure. 

How do either of us know that?The Giants holding on to him thru the deadline tells me that they overvalued him.If they didn't he would have been moved somewhere.