- Pro Bowl
Today, 07:17 PM
- Duron Carter in Purple?
Today, 07:00 PM
- Watch: Ryan Suter All-Star Game Goal
Today, 05:45 PM
- Article: Guide To All-Star Weekend
Today, 04:32 PM
Today, 04:31 PM
- Article: MN Wild Bomber: The Minnesota Wyld Stallyns
Today, 04:19 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Today, 04:16 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 04:07 PM
- NHL Trying Out Some New Tracking Technology This Weekend
Today, 03:23 PM
- Article: Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 20-16
Today, 02:49 PM
- Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 20-16
- MN Wild Bomber: The Minnesota Wyld Stallyns
- NHL: Minnesota Will Host Chicago in 2015-16 Stadium Series Game
- The Dog Days of Hockey Season- "Way to go, Paul."
- Draft Guru Raises Vikings Grade In 2014 NFL Draft Re-Grade
- Ranking the Top Vikings Free Agent Targets: 25-21
Wilkin Ramirez will return to Rochester
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:58 AM
The Twins had previously signed six of their own minor league free agents.
Pitchers: Miguel Munoz, Edgar Ibarra
Catcher: Josmil Pinto
3B: Deibinson Romero
IF/OF: Brian Dinkelman
OF: Jhonathan Goncalves
There are still some interesting Twins 6-year minor league free agents that would need to be considered, including: James Beresford, Anderson Hidalgo, Aaron Thompson, Brendan Wise, Estarlin de Los Santos, Ray Chang and more. Guys that were dropped yesterday and not claimed by another team should now be free agents. Kyle Waldrop and Jeff Manship are two guys that I'm sure the Twins would want to keep in their system but that will certainly be looking elsewhere.
Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:25 AM
if span and willingham get traded then we are left with revere,mastroanni and parmele....if benson, arcia or hicks had been brought up in september and shown anything , i would have been a little less concerned, i guess thats why ramirez was kept , but carson if given a chance could have had cuddy like numbers at a very inexpensive rate....
Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:41 PM
Benson/Hicks should be 2 of the 3 starting OFs along with Evan Bigley platooning with Ramirez. Arcia obviously should start also, but Ryan is already talkin like they havent seen enough (real problem is he's only 21..gonna be 22 & organization promotes due to age). Ramirez may just hold down the job till Arcia is up in June. Im not even sure they will allow Benson back to AAA as Ryans not a fan of Joe's IMO. Wont be shocked if he's dealt this offseason.
Starting pitching wise....ROC will have Blackburn, DeVries, Hernandez, probably Hendriks & Gibson as the 5th guy/long reliever as Ryan has stated he will start the year in the pen to monitor innings. This means their best AA startere, BJ Hermsen, will be back in AA as he's too young for the organization to trust in AAA. This also goes with the thinking that Deduno makes the big club as the long reliever over Swarzak. Dont see them signin many AAA type retread starters as they already have that type in Blackie.
Edited by greengoblinrulz, 25 October 2012 - 02:45 PM.